About the Department
Novo Nordisk’s Market Access and Public Affairs team engages diverse stakeholders across political and healthcare landscapes to forge solutions that drive patient access to innovative products. We strive to deliver the best possible outcomes for patients with diabetes, obesity, growth hormone deficiencies and rare bleeding disorders through mutual wins for both Novo Nordisk and our Market Access customers. Our passion for helping people live better lives and our award-winning product pipeline can only be as effective as our ability to provide life-changing information to healthcare providers, key stakeholders and policymakers. Our Market Access and Public Affairs professionals ensure that the latest therapies and products reach the people who need them most, by creating an environment where innovation and chronic disease management drive optimal health outcomes. Are you ready to realize your potential?
Performs a variety of highly diverse and complex administrative tasks and activities of a responsible nature for a department, function or management requiring sound planning, organization, judgment, adaptability, and accountability.
Directly supports one or more individuals. Interacts with internal and external sources at the upper management level on matters of importance to the function, the department, and/or of a sensitive nature. Provides guidance and assistance to lower level clerical/administrative positions. May interact with global employees.
- Coordinates multiple processes, procedures, or programs
- Develops reports and presentations
- Directs administrative activities, develops and organizes procedures, and uses considerable written and verbal communication skills to represent the department
- Handles calendar management on behalf of the individuals supported
- Independently researches a wide variety of information requests and gathers and compiles reports and data
- Participates on, and provides administrative support to, project teams
- Performs a variety of routine office duties involving typing, invoicing, record and file maintenance, data entry, meeting/travel arrangements, planning and execution of either on or offsite department meetings, processing expense reports, department event planning (e.g. off sites, team building, group meetings), running reports, budget processing, and vendor management
- Performs other clerical/administrative and support duties as needed
- Provides support for budgets and may support a team with tracking budget spend
- Reviews and responds to correspondence and prepares documents and forms
- Works with internal and external parties to initiate, coordinate, and manage a variety of special projects which may require the knowledge of special terminology, practices, procedures, or operations
- A high school diploma or GED required
- A minimum of 6 years of administrative or related experience required. Advanced training or administrative certification a plus
- Ability exercise independent discretion and/or judgment
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to interact with all levels inside and outside of the organization along with HQ and Global Affiliates
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to understand implications of work and make recommendations for solutions
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail required
- Demonstrates strong leadership abilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Requires demonstrated computer skills and use of Microsoft Office
- Requires extensive knowledge of the job and department served and complete knowledge of operations within a company
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.