Join Takeda as Associate Director, Specialty Pharmacy Programs and Services. You will serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Rare Disease Commercial Free Goods Programs and Services, including the management of contractual, operational, and performance elements of Patient Services Free Good Pharmacy Providers. You will be accountable for developing and supporting the strategic approach, program management, contract administration, and the overall health of therapy-specific Patient Services Programs across Commercial Specialty Pharmacies. As the Associate Director, Specialty Pharmacy Programs you will develop commercial and non-commercial Specialty Pharmacy Patient Services program administration and distribution services strategies, and be highly collaborative across multiple stakeholders within Patient and Market Access, and across the USBU to devise and execute against those strategies.
How you will contribute:
- You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day assigned Therapy Area program operations and the overall health of Patient Services Programs and Service Level agreements on behalf of Patient Services across commercial Specialty Pharmacies, working in close coordination and in partnership with internal cross-functional teams including Specialty Pharmacy & Channel Management Account Directors, and externally with Program Managers across the Specialty Pharmacy network.
- You will be Responsible for managing the relationships and serving as a direct point of contact with assigned non-commercial free goods pharmacy vendors that provide free-drug distribution services for patient support programs across multiple therapy areas, and having accountability for program strategy, operations, budget management, performance and contracting.
- You will lead and support the development and implementation of new product launch plans and KPIs associated with Specialty Pharmacy Patient Support Programs and Services in partnership with Specialty Pharmacy and Channel Management Account Directors and Patient Services Therapy Area Leadership.
- You will own and develop operational processes ensuring they are well documented, and observed and that operations are tracked and audited to ensure compliance with Takeda's guidelines and Business Rules.
- You will conduct and participate in Specialty Pharmacy Partners’ Weekly, Monthly, and/or Quarterly Business Reviews, keeping partners accountable to all business terms.
- You will coordinate with Data Aggregator partners, IT, Market Access, and Commercial Operations teams to negotiate and implement data feeds from customers as defined in specific agreements.
- You will design and deliver reports using business partner data that support business functions. Identify possible improvements and automation to streamline reporting and data management.
- You will create, manage and maintain non-commercial pharmacy vendor budgets, create all purchase orders and approve invoices for services rendered across non-commercial and commercial pharmacies.
- You will partner across Patient and Market Access, working in close collaboration with Specialty Pharmacy and channel Management Account Leads as well as Franchise leads to deliver result on departmental goals.
- You will serve as Patient Services Commercial and Non-Commercial Distribution Services subject matter expert to internal partners, travel to attend conferences, and participate in business meetings as necessary to educate stakeholders about Takeda’s Patient Services programs and services. Identify key marketplace trends relative to distribution services and their implications to Patient and Market Access. Proactively identify and mitigate risk for both Specialty Pharmacy Partners and Takeda.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; B.S. Pharmacy, Health Care Administration, or Life Sciences preferred.
- 8 years of direct experience working and leading teams within a Specialty Pharmacy Organization, focusing on operations and administration of pharmaceutical manufacturer accounts and contracted patient support programs and services required.
- Experience implementing processes within a Specialty Pharmacy Organization for pharmaceutical manufacturer accounts and contracted terms for patient support programs and services, and operationalizing new requirements with respect to amendments, including new products and services is required.
- Experience in the development and execution of new-to-market specialty pharmaceutical product launch plans within a Specialty Pharmacy Organization specific to pharmaceutical manufacturer contracted patient support programs and services required
- Extensive CRM and/or ERP experience, including requirements for external data feeds/integration and associated reporting required.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Products is required.
- Reimbursement experience required.
- Proficiency in data analysis and reporting in Excel is required.
- Proven track record of building effective working relationships with internal and external business stakeholders.
- Skilled and experienced in developing statements of work and key performance indicators.
- Flexible and adaptable in handling change, managing time, and competing priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task, plan and organize work streams, and problem-solve effectively while working in a team environment.
- Management experience, leadership skills, and ability to execute high-level ideas on an individual basis.
- Individuals must possess an extraordinary positive attitude, exceptional listening skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated, shows initiative, is proactive, and able to work within a team.
- Ability to present in front of a group
- Travel Requirement 20%
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health and wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and a company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Ways of Working
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best-in-class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as "remote" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
Base Salary Range: $143,500 to $ 205,000 based on candidate's professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short-term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off. The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
USA - MA - VirtualWorker Type