About the role:
Join Takeda as an Associate Manager, Reliability Engineering. Reporting to the Head of Engineering, you will lead teams and SME who applies design, maintenance, technology and innovation strategies for equipment, utilities and facilities that minimize risks to manufacturing, environment, health and safety.
Additionally, you will lead teams and SME who increase equipment uptime, eliminate waste, and prolong asset life by developing optimized maintenance strategies that detect, prevent, or predict failures. Finally, you will lead teams and SME who implements strategies to measure KPIs for reliability to drive the continuous improvement of equipment, utilities and facilities, by addressing the sources of defects in the design, operability and maintenance.
How you will contribute:
· Manage a team of Reliability Engineers, develop staff, monitor KPIs and drive continuous improvement.
· Ensure that new or modified equipment, utilities and facilities are designed for Reliability, Maintainability and Accessibility by providing design requirements to the Project Team and participate in reviews and risk assessments during the design process.
· Perform system and instrument classification of equipment and instruments following applicable procedures.
· Implement the maintenance and calibration strategies for equipment, utilities and facilities based on their classification and criticality, including preventive maintenance, condition-based maintenance and predictive maintenance.
· Develop the Preventive Maintenance (PM) plans, Calibration methods, PM / Inspection and Calibration frequencies/intervals, and spare parts lists and maintenance bill of materials.
· Improve reliability of aseptic filling and packaging machinery and equipment: In collaboration with engineering, manufacturing, and maintenance personnel, perform or support troubleshooting and monitoring of equipment. Update corrective and preventive maintenance procedures for machinery.
· Provide support and drive implementation of Reliability Metrics, tracking and tools, and the Predictive Maintenance Program.
· Manage Asset Management Excellence vision and implementation plan.
· Develop the maintenance strategy, plans, SOPs, parts lists, BOMs and frequencies for new and modified equipment.
· Perform data analysis of corrective work orders in CMMS to identify trends and area focus for improvements.
· Perform functional equivalency assessment of spare parts.
· Conducts or participates in Root-Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA).
· Implement Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) improvement projects in assigned area.
· May help prepare and/or participate in technical reviews of equipment design projects and FAT and commissioning of new or modified equipment.
· Improve the maintenance and calibration strategies to minimize or eliminate the need for plant shutdown days.
· May be assigned change control, Quality CAPA and Safety CAPA tasks.
· Manage, hire, develop and recognize staff. Create employee and organizational development and HR plans which meet our needs. Promote an open, collaborative and transparent working environment.
· Manage third-party contractors, including issuing purchase orders and managing labor resources on site.
· Oversee applicable budgets for Reliability and applicable cost centers. Develop future budgets.
· Guide Equipment Life-cycle planning and reliability, including replacement.
· Lead corporate-level Engineering projects (including One Takeda Engineering) as they pertain to the site.
· Interface with Third-Party Utilities Operations and Engineering, Engineering, Validation, Maintenance, Information Technology, Manufacturing Areas, QC Lab, EHS and Warehouse.
· Participate on and be an active member of assigned company engineering and maintenance network meetings.
· Encourage use of predictive technologies for Maintenance and troubleshooting.
· Improve equipment performance metrics like OEE, MTBF.
· Bachelor's degree ideally in science, engineering or other related technical field. 4+ years of related experience with 1+ in a supervisor role.
· Familiarity with the use of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) is required – JDE/SAP and ReportsNow desired.
· Ability to apply the concepts Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) and/or Total productive Maintenance (TPM)
· Experience in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or other FDA-regulated industry preferred.
· Experience in Plant Engineering, Energy Management is preferred.
· Experience with Asset Management Initiatives, Reliability Programs, and Equipment Performance Metrics.
· Experience with Aseptic Filling Equipment, Packaging Equipment, CIP systems, Pasteurizers, Critical Systems, Utilities operations and Computerized Maintenance Management systems (JDE or similar).
· Knowledge of GMPs, FDA guidelines, OSHA, EPA, environmental regulations, purchasing principles, regulatory inspections, and process validation.
· Must understand electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic schematics.
· Ability to train team members.
What Takeda can offer you:
· Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
· Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
· Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
· Generous paid time off for vacation, sick leave, and volunteering
· Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
· Family Planning Support
· Professional development and training opportunities
· Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, our patients rely on us to create quality products and we aim to create a safe environment for our team members. As a result, we must follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure we are not endangering the quality of the product or putting anyone at the site in harm's way. In this role, you may:
· Work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body. This may include additional hearing protection for loud areas.
· Need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish and/or artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing environment.
· Work in a cold, wet environment.
· Work multiple shifts, including weekends, or be asked to work supplemental hours, as necessary.
· Work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and Celite that may require respiratory protection.
More About Us
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
USA - IL - Round Lake - Drug DeliveryWorker Type