Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The Sr. Facilities Engineer is responsible for a wide range of engineering functions required to support the facility and process equipment at the Baltimore fill/finish facility. They include maintenance and improvement of plant equipment, facilities, process equipment and support systems as well as management of large complex capital projects.
- Performs/oversees programming, maintenance and troubleshooting of programmable logic controllers and process/environmental monitoring systems.
- Assists in qualification of equipment / facilities as needed.
- Compiles, analyzes, draws conclusions and provides written documentation of facility controls (including differential pressure, temperature, humidity, alarms, etc) to support Facility/Environmental reports and investigations.
- Administers project management controls and reports status to senior management.
- Involved in the oversight and coordination of activities that include design, specification creation, procurement, construction management, repair of production and facilities equipment, the operation of utility plants, fire prevention, safety, and security activities.
- Serve as the lead SME on large scale projects for new/existing technologies
- Performs engineering design and bid evaluations.
- Applies engineering principles to generate solutions to problems.
- Assignments are broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity, and rely on collaboration, limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Furnishes designs specifications, bill of materials, and cost estimates for construction and major rehabilitation of facilities and equipment. Reviews and evaluates building utility and structural requirements of projects.
- Develops and implements training programs necessary to transfer knowledge and/or procedures to production or laboratory personnel dealing with manufacturing techniques or process equipment.
- Established procedures with some supervision.
- Provide technical leadership to lower level personnel.
- Possess and apply a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of a particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments.
- Conducts engineering studies in cooperation with production groups to determine economics of proposed process changes and to determine advisability of procuring new or different equipment.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelors and/or Masters degree in Engineering or related discipline preferred
- 5 or more years of experience in industrial/pharmaceutical engineering setting
- Advanced knowledge of electronics, instrumentation, and electrical utility systems is essential
- Advance knowledge on IT infrastructure and automation integration techniques
- Project management of projects CAPEX projects with value <$500,000
- Knowledge of 2D and/or 3D electronic drafting preferred
- Must possess the ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner while gathering and analyzing information skillfully
- PLC and process control troubleshooting skills. Allen Bradley RS Logix 500 and 5000 experience required.
- PLC programming experience along with historian data acquisition experience
- Proven track record of applying broad knowledge of engineering principles, practices and procedures to the completion of moderately difficult assignments.
- PE/EIT a plus
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.