Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those arent words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. Youll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us.
Business Unit Overview
Global Engineering and Facilities(GEF) is responsible for the safe, sustainable, and cost-effective construction, operation and maintenance of world-class facilities that enable thediscovery, development and delivery of innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.Global Energy & Sustainability Services (GESS)engages the BMS global network to developand deliver the corporate energy, water, and greenhouse gas sustainability goals while driving energy cost efficiencies and reliability enhancements through robust utilities strategies, initiatives, andoperational innovations.
The Associate Director, Global Energy and Water Programs is a key role within the Global Energy & Sustainability Services group which is part of the Global Engineering and Facilities organization at BMS. This role is responsible for evaluating breakthrough technologies on decarbonization, water reclamation, project management, implementation, execution, and verification of energy and water projects supporting BMS next generation sustainability goals.
- Identify key project initiatives by evaluating energy and water optimization opportunities, and manage subsequent project coordination through partnership with internal and external stakeholders
- Support project tracking through the software as a service (SaaS) platform, preparing documentation and data verification for the annual Energy Star Partner of the Year Program
- Support execution of the Department of Energy Better Plant Challenge, including the application process, advisory group meetings, program support, communication updates, promotional material development, and other support necessary to enable a successful program
- Provide technical direction on pilot projects with an aptitude to manage projects with higher degrees of risk, complexity, and client interaction
- Perform technical analysis on energy and water projects, project coordination, and strategy development to help improve energy and water efficiencies across sites and resiliency towards utility disruptions
- Serve as a resource regarding energy efficiency analysis of the built environment, driving energy and sustainability initiatives across our Manufacturing, Research & Early Development, and Commercial sites to support our next generation sustainability goals
- Support the incorporation of new technologies or best practices into design standards for sustainability
- Support project teams to identify and/or integrate breakthrough technologies to new constructions and/or renovations and to facilitate project sign off with key stakeholders
- Promptly communicate issues, changes in scope, schedule, budget, or other challenges to the attention of the project manager or line manager
- Engage with and deliver presentations of work to sponsors and other stakeholders
- Contribute to the development of technical reports or presentations at technical forums
- 20 % travel
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience in energy and water conservation
- Experience with program management strongly preferred
- Demonstrated organizational and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, manage tight deadlines, and participate in an inclusive team environment
- Must be able to take initiative and work both independently and as a team member
- Demonstrated strategic thinker that has the ability to see the bigger pictures and solve complex problems
- Works with passion, creativity, enthusiasm, accountability, a positive attitude, and an intellectual curiosity and drive for innovation
- Demonstrated proficiency with standard business management tools and templates (i.e., MS Project, Excel, Visio, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to use discretion with sensitive/confidential information
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesnt perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as Transforming patients lives through science , every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.