IDEAYA Biosciences (NASDAQ: IDYA) is a public, clinical-stage precision medicine oncology company committed to the discovery and development of targeted therapeutics for patient populations selected using DNA sequencing and other molecular diagnostics. Our approach integrates extensive capabilities in identifying and validating translational biomarkers with small molecule drug discovery to select patient populations most likely to benefit from the therapies we are developing. We are applying these capabilities across multiple classes of precision medicine, including direct targeting of oncogenic pathways and synthetic lethality – which represents an emerging class of precision medicine targets. We believe this diversified approach will enable us to deliver the right medicine to the right patient to drive a more robust clinical response. IDEAYA has an industry leading platform and pipeline in precision medicine / synthetic lethality. IDEAYA wholly-owns or controls its three most-advanced clinical programs. It has established strategic collaborations with GSK, Amgen and Pfizer supporting certain clinical and preclinical pipeline programs.
When you're at IDEAYA, you will be in the midst of brilliant minds working on precision medicine therapies to help cancer patients. We are passionate and committed about being on the forefront of oncology medicine, which means we all have a high internal drive that is at the very core of every person at IDEAYA. We are inquisitive, ask deep questions, and are data-driven innovators who like to collaborate and use team work to move science forward. For more information, please see www.ideayabio.com
IDEAYA Biosciences is seeking a Patent Agent to report to the Vice President of Intellectual Property. The Patent Agent will support the Company’s intellectual property function, working closely with the Vice President of Intellectual Property to protect the Company’s small molecule product candidates. The ideal candidate will enjoy working collaboratively with inventors across various departments and the legal team.
What you'll do:
- Patent drafting and prosecution in the U.S. and Foreign jurisdictions
- Independently prepare and prosecute patent applications focusing on small molecules with minimal supervision
- Identify patentable inventions through regular interactions with project teams, determine inventorship, and obtain information to support patent drafting and prosecution
- Identify a range of complex risks (e.g., patentability, infringement) and communicate those risks to internal stakeholders for discussion and resolution
- Analyze patents, scientific journal papers and documents· Assist in updating and/or maintaining best practice guidelines for patent application drafting and patent prosecution
- Participate in IP diligence and provide other IP support for business development opportunities
- Manage outside IP counsel in the prosecution of patent applications
- USPTO Registration
- PhD in chemistry or related pharmaceutical field preferred with 3+ years of pharmaceutical patent preparation and prosecution experience, or a Master’s degree in chemistry or related pharmaceutical field preferred with 5+ years of pharmaceutical patent preparation and prosecution experience
- Must have in-dept technical knowledge in organic chemistry
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and cooperatively in a fast-paced start up environment and to respond in a timely and effective manner as warranted by circumstances
- Can self-direct, manage and motivate. Takes personal ownership and responsibility for driving results and achieving milestones
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
$153,603 - $184,742 a year
The salary range is an estimate and may vary based on the Company’s compensation practices.
The Company complies with all laws respecting equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants with regard to any protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law. This position requires you to work onsite at the Company’s facilities, with partial work-from-home flexibility, and the Company requires that all employees working in its facilities be fully vaccinated (except as required by applicable law). Therefore, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law. The Company considers you fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since you received either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.
Along with our highly collaborative and inclusive environment, IDEAYA offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes (but is not limited to) medical/dental/vision coverage (100% company paid for employees and 90% company paid for dependents), retirement benefits, ESPP and wellness programs. All full-time employees will also be eligible for an annual bonus and equity refresh.
IDEAYA is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, IDEAYA does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets.California Job Applicant Privacy Notice