Schrödinger seeks a Battery Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer to aid us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
As a member of our Machine Learning team, you’ll play a key role in creating cheaper and more efficient batteries and testing the limits of classical approximations to quantum mechanics. You’ll also have the opportunity to communicate and collaborate with team members across many different departments and disciplines.
Who will love this job:
- A software engineer with an interest in physical science
- An innovator who wants to contribute to leading battery chemistry simulation models
- A tooling evangelist who sees manual repetition as wasteful
- A cloud enthusiast who wants to regularly burst tens of thousands of CPUs and hundreds of GPUs
- An excellent communicator and documenter
What you’ll do:
- Help speed up research and productionisation of exciting and innovative projects
- Generate, store, and train on sets of millions of quantum chemistry simulations
- Optimize a containerized development and deployment process for a machine learning platform
- Build scientific validation tools to ensure high performance of machine learning models as code and data change
- Create tooling to give team members easier access to cloud burst CPUs and GPUs
We’d prefer to hire an applicant with some experience in:
- Introducing a containerized system to production on kubernetes
- Extending CI/CD systems for increasing engineering or scientific velocity
- Maintaining and provisioning infrastructure on Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Supporting GPUs on cloud systems
- Upholding or building multi-platform tools
- Large-scale distributed computing (pbs, slurm, MPI)
- Classical science - a degree in chemistry, physics, biology, or a related field is a huge plus!
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have regular catered meals in the office, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Office Management team also plans a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been included in Crain's New York Best Places to Work, BuiltIn's NYC Best Place to Work, and Newsweek's list of America's 100 Most Loved Workplaces.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.