Schrödinger seeks a Battery Simulation CUDA Developer to aid us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
As a member of our Desmond Molecular Dynamics team, in close collaboration with our machine learning and materials science teams, you’ll work with cutting-edge technologies to simulate battery materials. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute to a high-impact field and to communicate with team members across many different departments and disciplines.
Who will love this job:
- An innovator who wants to contribute to leading battery chemistry simulation models
- An engineer who wants to build the fastest simulation tools possible
- An excellent communicator and documenter
What you’ll do:
- Facilitate breakthroughs in battery simulation by implementing novel methods with unprecedented levels of accuracy
- Design CUDA/C++ software that is performant at scale on modern GPU hardware while being robust, adaptable, and easy to maintain
- Build scientific validation tools to ensure simulation models continue to perform well as code and data change
What you should have:
- An excellent grasp of software development fundamentals and test-driven development practices
- Expert-level knowledge of C++ programming
- Experience in CUDA/C++ and High Performance Computing
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, and highly organized object-oriented code
We’d prefer to hire someone who has:
- Molecular dynamics programming experience
- Python programming proficiency
- Experience with machine learning libraries such as PyTorch
- A degree in chemistry, physics, or a related field, or in computer science
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have regular catered meals in the office, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Office Management team also plans a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been included in Crain's New York Best Places to Work, BuiltIn's NYC Best Place to Work, and Newsweek's list of America's 100 Most Loved Workplaces.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.