Company Profile: Vaxcyte, Inc. (Nasdaq: PCVX)
is a vaccine innovation company engineering high-fidelity vaccines to protect humankind from the consequences of bacterial diseases. The Company is developing broad-spectrum conjugate and novel protein vaccines to prevent or treat bacterial infectious diseases. Vaxcyte’s lead candidate, VAX-24, is a 24-valent, broad-spectrum, carrier-sparing pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV) being developed for the prevention of invasive pneumococcal disease (IPD). The Company is re-engineering the way highly complex immunizations are made through modern synthetic techniques, including advanced chemistry and our exclusively licensed XpressCFTM cell-free protein synthesis platform. Unlike conventional cell-based approaches, the Company’s system for producing difficult-to-make proteins and antigens is intended to accelerate its ability to efficiently create and deliver high-fidelity vaccines with enhanced immunological benefits. Vaxcyte’s pipeline also includes VAX-31, a 31-valent PCV candidate; VAX-A1, a prophylactic vaccine candidate designed to prevent Group A Strep infections; VAX-PG, a therapeutic vaccine candidate designed to slow or stop the progression of periodontal disease; and VAX-GI, a vaccine program designed to prevent Shigella. The Company is driven to eradicate or treat invasive bacterial infections, which have serious and costly health consequences when left unchecked. For more information, visit www.vaxcyte.com
Vaxcyte, headquartered in San Carlos, CA, went public in June 2020 and currently has a team of approximately 180 employees and anticipates continued, significant growth. Following equity offerings in October 2022 and April 2023, which generated over $1.1 billion in net proceeds, the Company’s balance sheet is further strengthened to advance its pipeline of novel vaccines, including VAX-24. These financings followed positive data readouts from Vaxcyte’s Phase 1/2 proof-of-concept study evaluating VAX-24 in adults aged 18-64 and Phase 2 study in adults 65 and older. The Company believes these results support a best-in-class potential for VAX-24, which was designed to replace the current standard-of-care in adults and children. VAX-24 is being investigated for the prevention of IPD, which can be most serious for infants, young children, older adults and those with immune deficiencies or certain chronic health conditions. Given the global impact of pneumococcal disease remains significant, the public health community continues to advocate for vaccines that can offer broader protection to prevent IPD. Vaxcyte’s PCV franchise, consisting of VAX-24 and VAX-31, is designed specifically to address this need and has the potential to deliver the broadest protection for this very serious disease. We believe that our PCVs could receive regulatory approval based on successful completion of clinical studies utilizing well-defined surrogate immune endpoints, consistent with how other PCVs have obtained regulatory approval in the past, rather than requiring clinical field efficacy studies.
- Review, manage, and approve purchase requisitions in the company’s ERP system.
- Be a team ambassador, assisting with training and communicating Procure to pay process and value propositions to stakeholders and vendors.
- Prepare and issue detailed, accurate purchase order in compliance with company policies and procedures. Provide detailed communication and guidance on status of requisition approvals and contract review process.
- Support management of open purchase orders by communicating with suppliers and stakeholders regarding lead times, estimated time of arrival for products, or invoice submission.
- Ensure high priority purchase requisitions are routed through the system and approved expediently following the Purchase Authorization Matrix, requiring excellent cross functional collaboration.
- Assist with running reports and communicating with business partners proactively ensuring purchase requisitions are set up prior to starting work and current purchase orders have funds available.
- Collaborate with Accounts Payable and Accountants to resolve any new vendor, invoice discrepancies, GL coding errors, payments, etc.
- Resolve with vendors any order issues such as missing items, defective products, returns/replacements, etc.
- Communicate and work with the Legal Department to process purchase orders tied to contractual agreements.
- Support purchase order change order requests.
- 2 – 5 years of experience as a buyer, preferably in the biotech, medical device, or pharmaceutical industry.
- Bachelor of Science in supply chain management or other area of business preferred, but not required.
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus, but not required.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of urgency and ability to prioritize important purchase requisitions / contracts.
- Demonstrated success working in a cross-functional team environment; ability to work effectively as a member of a team to deliver impactful results.
- Exceptional logical decision-making skills and optimistic team player.
- Hybrid based role.
- Can adapt fast past start-up environment.
- All Vaxcyte employees require vaccination against COVID-19.
Associate Director, Procurement Location:
San Carlos, CA Compensation:
The compensation package will be competitive and includes comprehensive benefits and an equity component. Salary Range:
$92,000 – $108,000