At Element Biosciences, we are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics with unprecedented flexibility and quality that enable researchers to better understand biology for the improvement of global health. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow, and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness.
We are seeking an experienced Supervisor, Executive Administration who will play a pivotal role in keeping our Executive Leadership team organized and will also be a core part of the culture team. You will face new challenges every day and must have the ability to make tough decisions on the fly. To be successful, you will need a positive can-do attitude, resilience during difficult situations, and the readiness to make a difference. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who thrives working in fast-paced environments, is dedicated to delivering high-quality results, and is hoping to work closely with executive leadership in a company that is at the epicenter of changing DNA sequencing. This role will report to the Senior Manager, Executive Administration and will be a daily on-site San Diego based role.
If you possess the following and want to make a meaningful impact, we invite you to explore this role.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Lead and mentor 2 direct reports on Administration team, and work side-by-side on projects
- Provide administrative support to SVP/C-Suite level including coordinate and organize complex calendars, scheduling, correspondence, presentation preparation, completing expense reports, travel arrangements, meeting notation, and drafting/distributing company-wide communications
- Act as one of the gatekeepers to the Executive Team and use sound judgement, especially when handling confidential information critical in nature
- Order supplies, organize lunches, plan happy hours, manage company-wide events, coordinate corporate events - including arranging catering, renting spaces, negotiating payment, scheduling, and overall event project management
- Oversee company culture, engagement, and recognition programs
- Must be an effective communicator and be able to liaise between departments and stakeholders on behalf of the Executive member(s)
- Must be adaptable to Element’s fast-paced start-up environment and able to build and maintain relationships throughout the company
- Strong organizational skills, ability to balance multiple priorities in high-pressure circumstances, anticipate upcoming needs, and be agile to switch focus as priorities evolve
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree is strongly preferred plus 8+ years experience working as an assistant for Executive level, or 6+ years with a Masters degree
- Preference for 3+ years of direct managerial experience
- Possess excellent troubleshooting, project management, and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- Research and analyze topics relevant to the industry and stay up to date on industry trends
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects on time
- Experience in and an aptitude for using technology to improve work efficiency
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, and project management tools
- Must be flexible in working hours as this position may require executive leadership support during non-regular business hours
- Frequently moves boxes weighing up to 20 pounds
- Domestic travel up to 10%
Base Compensation Pay Range:
In addition to base compensation noted above, you will be eligible for stock options, discretionary annual bonus, no cost health insurance plans, 401k with company match, and flexible paid time off.
Please note: Base compensation will depend on multiple factors, including geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.