Who We Are
It takes a village, and at BioMarin our corporate groups are the people behind our success. Groups such as IT, Finance, Legal, Global Compliance & Ethics, and our People Team provide foundational support of all areas of operation at BioMarin.
Who We Are
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
BioMarin leads the biotechnology industry in delivering therapies for chronic and degenerative genetic conditions that reduce patients' quality of life and shorten life spans. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind and make a big difference in improving patients' lives.
The IT Senior Business Partner will support Technical Operations (TOPS) Data Strategy and Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) functions. This role is integral for defining and leading data strategies for BioMarin Technical Operations and will help shape and future-fit our technology and data platforms. This role will be responsible for delivering and leading our data strategy capability and utilize data sources and intelligence to enable innovative technology solutions to support BioMarin’s mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients
- Responsible for the strategy and governance of all Technical Operations data assets
- Lead the development and execution of the Technical Operations data strategy and roadmap
- Responsible for translating the data strategy into a Technology Roadmap with short and long-term goals and deliverables in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Continuously assess data strategy and governance to ensure it supports business objectives, while driving operational efficiency and process improvement
- Champion emerging methods and technologies such as artificial intelligence, new analytics and insight generation platforms that enhance and/or transform BioMarin’s development cycle
- Create data strategies for clients, with the ability to confidently discuss requirements, priorities, potential solutions, and modern architecture patterns
- Lead data strategy engagements, including assessing current state maturity, future state maturity and developing comprehensive roadmap to achieve client goals
- Engages industry and external groups to ensure that BioMarin’s data strategy are at the forefront in industry
- Work with key stakeholders to define, align, and manage key measures and metrics for success of the data strategy
- Gather and analyze key business metrics and trends, to devise plans for improvement.
- Liaise between various business departments and groups, acting as the interface between TOPS and IT
- Assess options for process improvement, including business process modeling/remodeling
- Drive Process Standardization across TOPs
- Identify Operational Simplification Opportunities, such as Application Consolidation, Rationalization, Integration and Functionality Exploitation
- Communicate findings and plans effectively to key stakeholders in the business
- Elicit and document user requirements and ensure that the user understands how the system meets their requirements
- Collaborate in the planning and deployment of new applications, as well as enhancements to existing applications.
- Serve as an expert resource, partnering with key stakeholders throughout full lifecycle of strategic initiatives and delivery of technology solutions – from defining business needs, project planning, vendor selection if applicable, development, deployment, change management, and end user adoption
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific or business field in data science or IT with previous experience working directly in manufacturing biotech/pharma industry preferred
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 8+ years of experience, specifically in data analysis, data strategy, and data engineering solutions and relevant business analysis experience gathering/analyzing/testing requirements
- Knowledge of infrastructure technology within a GxP compliant environment.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of GxPs, in addition to FDA and International requirements for computer validation and Part 11 / Annex 11 requirements
- Handles highly complex problems, possess extensive knowledge of policies, standards, and procedures. Have strong communication and interpersonal skills, and be extremely detailed-oriented with the ability to manage multiple efforts simultaneously with exceptional results
- Extensive experience with manufacturing and lab systems (e.g., LIMS, PI) and their underlying processes and data
- Understanding of standard data models (e.g., ISA88, ISA95) and frameworks (e.g., Allotrope)
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, and analytical skills. Demonstrated history of successful execution in a fast-paced environment and in managing multiple priorities effectively
- Demonstrated ability to influence executives and cross-functional leaders
- Customer focus: dedicated to understanding and meeting the expectations and requirements of internal customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Decision-making: makes sound decisions within the scope of their role. Uses appropriate judgement in escalating issues or questions to supervisor. Self-directed within role; recognizes and acts on opportunities without being asked
- Agility: can change direction comfortably when needed; can effectively cope with change; can decide and act within the scope of their role without having the total picture.
- Communication Skills: must be able to facilitate working meetings, ask good questions, listen to the answers, and absorb what’s being said
- Organizing: can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal
- Leadership: gains the trust and support of peers; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; can successfully collaborate and influence to complete assigned tasks
- Problem-solving Skills: must be able to facilitate a shared understanding of the problem, the possible solutions, and determine the scope of the project
- Critical Thinking Skills: can analyze and interpret data from varying sources, evaluate it and make recommendations to supervisor and/or business
- Documentation/Technical Skills: must be able to create clear, accurate, and concise documentation
- Self-Managing – must be able to manage the business analysis effort and yourself to commitments and deadlines
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Visio, Project, Power Point)
- Advanced degrees – MBA, PhD, Master of IT / Data Sciences
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.