Manager, Learning Community
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists, and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
What we're looking for
Effective training programs are critical in a regulated manufacturing business and this position plays an essential role in ensuring employees continue to build skills that will enable them to be successful and continue their professional development.
This is a dynamic position that requires a high degree of professional and collaborative interaction and an innovative spirit. The Learning Community Manager will be accountable for helping facilitate and build a community of engaged learners at BioMarin.
Tasked with the design, development, and delivery of professional development opportunities, key objectives of the role include:
• Develop and implement scalable learning-professional "community" through the development of programs and resources to facilitate continuous learning.
• Partner with key departments/ key stakeholders and provide support for employee capability building initiatives.
• Build a learning organization which attracts top talent as a place to come and grow through best-in-class, unique and memorable experiences ranging from on-boarding through development.
• Design, manage, and implement technical training, onboarding, learning and development programs and projects.
• Programme ownership includes Novato site New Hire Orientation, New Hire Training, Train the Trainer, and various form of knowledge sharing forums including Lunch & Learn sessions.
• Maintain working knowledge of best practices and cutting-edge technologies and processes in organizational effectiveness to determine new approaches to emerging training requirements.
• Collaborate and support internal L&D team to drive and influence people development/L&D process improvements that impact results.
Skills you will need
Experience and skills we’re looking for include;
- 5-10 years’ experience in a regulated industry with a postgraduate and or working qualification in learning and development, technical training, or relevant discipline (organizational development, psychology, business, instructional design).
- Good knowledge of technical training curriculum and design processes and development of skills qualification is essential.
- The ideal candidate would be skilled in the use of instructional design principles and training programs such as Articulate Storyline 360, Camtasia, Vimeo.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills with the ability to be assertive, diplomatic, and tactful with a diverse population group.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced and changing work environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong project management capabilities – ability to manage multiple projects, engage stakeholders throughout the process and meet deadlines.
- Team player focused on understanding the needs of all stakeholders.
- Takes direction well, can work independently while having the confidence to seek guidance and direction as needed.
- Solution-oriented and able to uncover pathways to efficiency through strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence others and lead across the business.
This position will be based at the Novato campus.
Monday - Friday 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Hybrid role: fully onsite 1 week per month during New Hire Orientation, subsequent weeks 2-3 days in the office and 1-2 days remote (This is subject to change based on need.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.