Postdoctoral Research Associate positions are available in the Department of Translational Neurosciences at the University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix. The successful candidates will develop drug screening assays and identify targeted-therapeutic drugs to treat neurological and neuropsychiatric diseases and cancer. Screening techniques that will be used include those based on substrate analogs, protein-protein interaction disruption, and targeted protein degradation.
Successful applicants should have strong molecular and cellular biology expertise, and skill in tissue culture, plasmid design, stable cell line generation, biosensor reporter systems, protein biochemistry and purification, microscopy, spectrofluorimetry, flow cytometry, and pharmacology is highly desired.
Experience with animal modeling of disease, viral vector design, high throughput screening, molecular modeling, medicinal chemistry, and/or multiomic analyses are also areas of interest.
Successful candidates will join a multidisciplinary team within the setting of an outstanding new facility. The position is part of well-funded research program, and will provide the opportunity to produce high impact publications and establish a record of grant award funding. The candidates will be mentored in career development toward independent research, and training to become a principal investigator. Enthusiastic applicants with adipate experience to conduct relatively independent research, and with interest in translating identification of disease mechanism to clinically applicable treatment approaches consistent with pharmaceutical and biotechnology development, are encouraged to apply.
This position is eligible for visa sponsorship.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct advanced, multi-disciplinary research.
- Develop cell-based drug screens to identify compounds to be tested in animal models of disease.
- Formulate research methods and develop research criteria.
- Foster collaborations within the Department, with other units across the University, and with team members at other institutes worldwide.
- Assist with funding applications, including participating in grant writing, generating preliminary data, submitting grant applications, and preparing progress reports.
- Derive, analyze, and format data for publications, presentations, and grant proposals.
- Present research findings to the lab at department meetings, and at national and international symposiums.
- Prepare manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Additional duties as assigned.