About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For more than 100 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
In NC, we operate three pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities that are responsible for fulfilling different steps in our injectable and oral treatment supply chains. Our legacy Injectable Finished Products (IFP) facility in Clayton, NC is a 457,000 square foot aseptic "fill and finish" site that is responsible for producing innovative, injectable diabetes and obesity treatments. At IFP, you’ll join a global network of manufacturing professionals who are passionate about what they do.
What we offer you:
- Leading pay and annual performance bonus for all positions
- All employees enjoy generous paid time off including 14 paid holidays
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance – effective day one
- Guaranteed 8% 401K contribution plus individual company match option
- Family Focused Benefits including 12 weeks paid parental & 6 weeks paid family medical leave
- Free access to Novo Nordisk-marketed pharmaceutical products
- Tuition Assistance – reimbursement up to $10,000 annually
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Employee Referral Awards
At Novo Nordisk, you will find opportunities, resources, and mentorship to help grow and build your career. Are you ready to realize your potential? Join Team Novo Nordisk and help us make what matters.
Direct project execution based on input from Project Manager(s) (PM). Coordinate all onsite project related activities in compliance with Novo Nordisk Quality Management System & Environmental, Health & Safety Management system. Ensure project execution activities are delivered within scope, cost, quality & schedule requirements.
Reports to Senior Project Manager/Sr Manager/Manager.
- Manage the identification & qualifications of the various sub-contractors required for project execution, including all civil & building trades
- Develop initial project specific cost estimates & scheduling as it relates to project execution
- Create & develop the daily activity project plans in alignment with overall project plans provided by the PM(s)
- Create effective & transparent communication systems to drive the project & provide daily status, challenges, mitigation, & next-day activities
- Negotiate project resources with LOB management & manage these resources during project execution
- Oversees construction site, general contractors, & workers to ensure a high level of quality & safety assuring that the site is safe & secure prior to departure daily
- Liaison in matters associated with Federal, State, & Municipal matters, including the City's permitting & inspection requirements
- Ensures that the project is constructed & documented in accordance with the contract documents & good engineering practices
- Provides technical support to project managers
- Assists the Project Manager(s) in change order negotiations
- Manage & review the progress of contractors’ construction schedules
- Reviews weekly & monthly reports on the status & progress of the contracts, including project costs & potential changes
- Close & evaluate the project execution
- Complete any other tasks or duties assigned
- Follow all safety & environmental requirements in the performance of duties
- Other accountabilities, as assigned
May move equipment &/or supplies weighing up to 33 pounds within the facility using various body positions. May be required to be on your feet for up to a 12 hour shift. May required corrected vision to 20/20 or 20/25 based on role. May require color vision based on role. May require the ability to work in loud noise environments with hearing protections.
- BA/BS in Engineering/Building Science/Construction Management or equivalent combination of education & experience
- Minimum of five (5) years proven construction management skills in a manufacturing facility, including capital investment projects with major projects in excess of $10M
- Ability to read/review design drawings (CAD) P&ID, HVAC & Electrical systems
- Thorough understanding of technical documents such as URS, SAT, FAT & Validation Protocols
- Proven construction management experience with direct management of multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven expertise in mentoring/development, planning/organizing, managing execution & revising the work plan for complex problems
- Change Management Projects
- Experience with directing the activities of contractors & crews for mechanical, electrical, civil, & structural construction in industrial & process settings
- Initiative & ability to function independently or within a team
- Good judgment in decision making as well as good leadership skills
- Ability to create & manage work plans & detailed project schedules
- Strong analytical/reasoning, organizational & multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with key stakeholders in a cross-cultural environment & demonstrates superior written & oral communication skills
- Develops & maintains strong internal & external relationships
- Proficient in basic computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office
- Strong planning skills
- Ability to develop & execute work plan & adapt to changes in the schedule rapidly
- Be self-motivated & ability to work with little direct supervision
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.