ACROBiosystems is a worldwide leader in developing and manufacturing recombinant proteins and critical reagents/assays to support drug development and clinical applications from target discovery and validation, candidate drug screening and optimization, CMC development, preclinical and clinical studies, commercial production, and companion diagnostics. We are committed to excellence in providing quality products and services and accelerating the process of therapeutic development.
Our mission is to accelerate the process of target therapeutic drug development. We aim to be a cornerstone company in the life science and healthcare industry. We value the fast growth in a global market over a challenging time by excelling through quality, performance, and innovation, empowering our employees with trust, value, and respect, embracing diversity, and encouraging cross-functional collaboration and continuous learning.
The Corporate Development Manager will be responsible for building up our new business areas via business development and licensing (BD&L), mergers & acquisition (M&A) activities. This employee will research state-of-the-art biotechnology, source and partner with companies and principal investigators with strategic alignment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Source and manage promising opportunities in life sciences tools and reagents sector that would enhance Acro’s current technical capabilities or help expand into new product areas. Tap into the biotech ecosystem, build and maintain strong relationships with life sciences companies, academic institutions, industry parks and investment funds to understand technology trend and develop collaboration opportunities.
- Develop market competitive landscape analysis on cutting-edge technology in biotechnology field, including but not limited to, proteins, antibodies, assays, instruments and other life sciences tools technologies.
- Perform deep due diligence, financial projection, prepare deal memo, and present in front of management team
- Analyze partners’ needs, develop deal terms and negotiate win-win commercial agreements
- Facilitate and support the integration of the technology into the respective business unit, from product development, to sales & marketing strategy
- Other projects or responsibilities as may be required.
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- B.S. or M.S. in biological or biomedical discipline required with 3-5 years of research or corporate development, licensing, and external innovation-related experiences in the life sciences industry. PhD in a biological or biomedical discipline.
- Fundamental understanding of preclinical drug development or CMC and exposure to biotechnology reagent products
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Science-related degree with MBA
Knowledge, skills, and Abilities
- Self-starter and quick learner with ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and in new environments.
- Keen on working in a fast-paced environment and manage time successfully.
- Results orientation with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent efficiency and time management skills.
Salary Range: $80,000 - $100,000 DOE plus bonus
Work Location: Boston, MA