Who We Are
From research and discovery to post-market clinical development, our WWRD engine involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with genetic diseases.
THIS ROLE CAN BE HYBRID OR REMOTE
Global Program Management (GPM) is responsible for providing best-in-class project management practices to optimize Global Core Teams, Clinical Development Teams, Study Teams and other key sub-teams, the development and execution of robust strategic and operational plans, teamwork, decision-making and communication. GPM is committed to driving innovative program and portfolio management to expedite the advancement of drugs for rare disease.
The Project Manager 2 position is a key role within Global Program Management for experienced life sciences project managers with advanced communication and relationship building capabilities. The PM2 has demonstrated advanced application of project management skills and is beginning to demonstrate leadership competence on more complex and important studies and projects that require a greater degree of cross functional influence.
The Project Manager 2 will be responsible for program management activities supporting key cross functional teams (i.e.- Clinical Development Team (CDT), Study Team, etc.,) to ensure efficient team function and the achievement of key deliverables such as operational plans, timelines, budget, risk and issue management.
- May collaborate with Team Leaders to enable team development and follow-through of the Clinical Development Plan (e.g., partnering with, and gaining cross-functional alignment on, CDP deliverables) and/or Protocol execution plans.
- Facilitate team development and management of Program Risk Mitigation Plan ensuring execution and alignment of risk mitigation efforts.
- Build, maintain and control the cross functional timeline for the execution of program strategy, e.g., Clinical Development Plan, including but not limited to highlighting dependencies, milestones, deliverables, and critical
- path; creating timeline scenarios as needed and facilitate cross-functional reviews.
- Identify and leverage interdependencies in short-, mid-, and long-term project and study plans.
- Provide cross-program team communication on the program to facilitate alignment
- Ensure functions are tracking to key deliverable and milestone timelines.
- Advocate and drive for overall program execution quality – Propose, facilitate, and implement plans to resolve issues and execute corrective actions.
- On program teams for which GPM provides high-touch support, organize and facilitate team meetings in collaboration with the team lead, including but not limited to, develop meeting agendas, issue meeting minutes, and track action items to completion with cross-functional Leads.
- In collaboration with team leads, identify, communicate and escalate program-wide interdependencies, issues, perspectives and key decisions to other program teams as appropriate.
- Communicate objectives, plans and timelines to the respective program teams.
- Lead ad-hoc working groups as needed by supported program teams.
- Collaborate with functional areas as needed to develop and execute on program plans.
- Work with Team Leaders to coordinate cross-functional activities for the respective program teams.
- In conjunction with Center of Operational Excellence/Process Improvement (COE), coordinate conducting Lessons Learned initiatives for the respective program teams.
The Project Manager 2 demonstrates advanced communication skills, including an ability to adapt message and style to the audience and convey controversial messages constructively. The PM 2 also demonstrates advanced teamwork and proactivity competencies and is capable of demonstrating leadership in a high-performance team setting.
The individuals in this role are expected to have advanced level of competency mastery in program management and drug development and study design and be showing that they are now able to contribute to program strategic planning efforts with a foundational understanding of relevant franchise/therapeutic area knowledge.
- BA/BS in a scientific or technical field. Experience in lieu of education accepted.
Minimum of 4-8 years total relevant experience (including industry, project management, or academia), with at least 2-4 years in a project management role. CAPM or comparable certification a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.