About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, our Finance and Operations team is the engine that elevates holistic commercialization of our products. The Finance and Operations team works closely with the business across the organization to guide enterprise wide resource allocations, investment choices, drive core operations and develop insights to drive growth and operational excellence across the value chain while innovating for future capabilities. We regulate accounting, uphold workplace safety, manage our supply chain and sampling, support technology, provide commercial operations, insights & analytics, maintain our facilities and assure the integrity and completeness of all business transactions. At Novo Nordisk, you will have the opportunity to build a life-changing career in a global business environment. We encourage our employees to make the most of their talent. And we reward hard work and dedication with the opportunity for continuous learning and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
This role analyzes user requirements and designs IT application solutions and/or enhancements to existing application solutions in meeting new business needs and in solving complex business problems. This role possesses and applies a broad range of expertise of principles, methods, practices, standards, procedures and compliance requirements of a particular business function in designing and developing IT solutions. This role will be a primary liaison for existing systems regarding system use and interfaces with business users in understanding and providing resolutions to complex system related issues and discrepancies These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organizations architectural and operating standards and requirements.
This position reports to a manager in Business Applications. This position interacts with all levels of Project Managers, Business Analysts, other Systems Analysts, Application Developers, Architects and System Engineers and lines of business as needed.
Builds Relationships and Influences Key Stakeholders:Delivers messages and presentations in a clear, confident mannerProvides a point of contact for supporting the applications in support of one or more specific business processes or areasDesigns, develops and executes test scripts to ensure the developed system(s) meet the technical and functional specifications; assesses and develops validation requirements; conducts functional testing, performance testing and integration testing; plans and coordinates user acceptance testing; documents the results of all tests
- Analyzes & Fulfills Business Needs:
- Leads in the development and/or maintenance of technical designs and specifications from functional specifications for systems of simple to moderate complexity; Develops URS, FRS, TDS, DFD, Test cases, Traceability Matrix and other design documents; Reconciles design models with business requirements; Designs application prototypes when necessary
- Analyzes new needs in determining the solution approach and scope; Participates in buy or build analysis
- Analyzes user requirements and develops functional specifications
- Identifies the skills and resources needed to implement a new system or to enhance an existing system, and in prepares cost estimates of the cost of development and timeline required to implement
- Reviews and provides input for developing effective user and system documentation
Leverages Technology Principles, Knowledge & Practices:Applies IT knowledge to diagnose issues with applications and infrastructureUtilizes knowledge of relevant IT areas to recommend and enhance existing solutions to meet client needsConsults with other IT staff on the system design aspects, business rules and processes and the use of various technologies, tools, standards, methods and best practicesPossesses and provides subject matter expertise for the various system solutions and the supported business processes
- Develops and Maintains Systems, Applications and Infrastructure:
- Creates detailed functional specifications defining the system capabilities to be implemented along with accompanying data models and process models
- Participates and provides input to CAB process; handles requests for changes (RFCs) by assessing the requests and determining the system changes and the cost and time estimate for the requests and releases.
Understands & Applies Risk Management Practices:Ensures system design adheres to compliance requirements, SOX requirements and other technology standards both local and corporateIntegrates current risk management procedures into processes, projects and systemsLeverages knowledge of risk management standards for current processes, projects and systems
- Manages IT Vendors:
- Acts as a primary liaison between the business or function and vendor to provide updates and ensure alignment
- Gathers, compiles and assesses vendor performance and identifies areas that can be improved in the future
- Monitors vendor activities to ensure compliance with contract expectations
0-10% overnight travel required.
- A Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field required. Relevant experience may be substituted when appropriate
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in Computer Science, IT, programming/systems analysis or other related experience required
- Experience with Model N technology, Oracle, PL/SQL, Informatica
- Knowledge of the Model N suite of applications in one or more of the following functional areas - Chargeback Processing, Medicaid Rebate Processing, Managed Care and Admin Fee Rebate Processing, and Government Pricing
- Familiarity with the Model N database table structure for one or more of the Model N applications is a plus.
- Experience working with technology product development including Agile methodologies
- Experience with building test scenarios, test scripts, and test execution within HP Quality Center or similar.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing and Supply Chain processes and experience in SAP Order to Cash end to end processes, and SAP ECC Sales and Distribution is preferred
- Knowledge of System Integration using SAP PO/PI or other technology is a plus
- Knowledge of US DSCSA Serialization standards and Enterprise Serialization Platforms is a plus,
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.