At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The Automation Technician for our Warehouse and Logistics area is responsible for automated equipment performance, providing a first line support to automated warehouse processes, as well as supporting area engineering initiatives, process improvements, and project implementation. This position will require the development of expertise in automated warehouse processes, commissioning, qualification, validation requirements, and equipment specific code and/or control system technologies. The Automation Technician will help ensure that equipment is maintained in a qualified state, can be operated safely, and maintenance is properly performed on the systems (performing maintenance activities on equipment is not in the scope of this position).
- Assure that operational and maintenance procedures and practices reflect safety concerns.
- Perform activities in accordance with cGMPs and applicable procedures.
- Identify opportunities to improve quality using equipment performance data and by assuring maintenance is performed appropriately.
- Effectively communicate with all levels to ensure all projects and repairs are well planned and coordinated with minimal disruption to that area involved.
- Working with the process team, including engineers and operations personnel, by participating in and sometimes leading development of equipment design, procedures, engineering studies, and maintenance practices that will enable the process to operate as required.
- Seek out and identify opportunities to improve equipment operational effectiveness and reliability.
- Provide technical support to engineering in:
- Providing ground-level reports detailing issues and concerns that are not identified in automated reports and/or KPIs.
- Investigating and resolving issues that create production delays.
- Transferring knowledge of equipment capabilities and operational techniques to operators, engineering, and maintenance.
- Implementing tools for operations and engineering to learn and work more proficiently.
- Contractors and vendor coordination.
- Create maintenance action plans as needed to support maintenance and troubleshooting activities.
- Participate in periodic reviews of equipment state.
- Plan and execute small projects for process or equipment improvements or changes.
- High School Diploma
- Experience in a GMP environment
- Demonstrated ability to work safely in a participative environment.
- Experience in instrumentation, PLC and/or HMI programming.
- Studio 5000 and Factory talk view SE programming experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel; proficient at typing and writing technical documents.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with strong organizational skills and attention to detail and ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and communications skills with a customer service attitude.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment, working safely and accountable for supporting all HSE Corporate and Site Goals.
- Previous experience with highly automated equipment.
- Experience with supply chain operations.
- Knowledge of ASRS, pallet conveyance, and AGV operations.
- Experience with Fanuc Robotics.
- Experience with RFID readers.
- Experience with VFDs
- Experience with Maximo or similar computerized maintenance management system.
- This position will require being on-call as needed
- Ability to wear safety equipment (safety glasses, safety shoes, protective gloves, fall protection etc.)
- This position will require working in elevated areas, over 100 feet from ground level.
- This role will work on a 2-2-3 schedule
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.