The Head of Telemetry AIOPS is an experienced leader who is capable of envisioning and executing a thoughtful strategy to transform Takeda's Technical Operations and improve business outcomes. This will be achieved in close partnership with other groups in GDDT and new strategic approaches in developing, maturing, and driving the AIOPS framework within Takeda.
- The head of AIOPS is an industry relevant, strategic technology leader and expert and will shape, drive and influence Telemetry (strategic positioning) and AIOPS Everywhere mindset within Takeda.
- Establish the Telemetry team working within Technology Operations organization and impacting the DD&T organization.
- Drive and ovsersee the TechOps transformation and the establishment of the Command Center Operations as a nerve center for automated technology opertaions
- Lead the design, development, testing and transition to operations of telemetry solutions within an agile framework based on computing platforms, meeting platforms, and real time communications.
- Lead the new definition of Telemetry standards, best practices, governance, and architecture to ensure consistent speed and quality of delivery with a focus on technology reuse and organizational focus and improvement.
How you will contribute:
- Oversee and influence the development of an integrated AIOPS strategy in order to deliver TechOps transformation as part of the Telemetry Everywhere value stream
- Provide Leadership to the AIOPS team and oversee business needs to develop AIOPS road-map and enable Command Center operations
- Define the target Command Center operations and delivery state in collaborations with different functions and business stakeholders, lead the multi-year planning of Command Center operations and delivery aligned with resource requirements, capacity and capabilities regarding TechOps priorities and road-map.
- Oversee and lead the development of an automation framework based on data-driven insights to drive the TechOps Services to be competitive, cost effective, increased speed to market, and aligned to the business.
- Direct and influence the AIOPS automation team on the usage of new techniques, operational experience, and data insights to develop new, efficient operational processes and solutions
- Strategize and track demand intake process across the value chain for Telemetry Organization and oversee the delivery of Automation opportunities
- Collaborates with key leaders to mobilize resources, and oversee team formations to drive alignment, implementations and the development of AIOPS capabilities
- Influence the existing complex landscape and solutions by innovating, redefining, and simplifying process and technology designs, propose and execute solutions to identified highly complex IT problems in both cloud and on-prem or process driven agile approaches.
- Oversee the build and lead the acceleration of new capabilities delivering business outcomes in terms of speed to value and mean time to repair as well as customer satisfaction.
- Develop global AIOPS team, develop key talents, drive succession planning for critical roles and lead efforts in being data and digital.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
- Broad technology skills in AIOPS, Observability, AI/ML and ability to translate knowledge into solutions which transform the customer's experience.
- Demonstrated in depth knowledge of key patterns and industry awareness of trends in the bio/pharma industry with a specific focus on Cloud, Automation and AIOPs/modern operations.
- Experience socializing and serving as a liaison to demonstrate the value proposition of the AIOPS framework to leadership
- Leadership (Vision, strategy and business alignment, people management, communication, influencing others, managing change)
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Proven track record of driving change in processes and organizations, while maintaining working relationships with key business customers.
- Versed in Risk management possessing ability to identify, analyze, track, manage and resolve risks issues that impact project
- Interact with and influence cross functional team members, including Technology Operations, Technology Delivery, Functional Leads, Business Partners, Product Owners, and others.
- Align with Enterprise Architecture, Platform Teams, Functional Data Teams and Quality Teams to make sure services co-exist with other best practices and deployments.
- Leverage digital technologies and data driven insights to drive business results
- Captures voice of the customer and provides operating model which optimizes and socializes AIOPS
- Ability to distill complex operational feedback into actionable strategies, implementations, and stable deployments.
- Drive complex deployments from Design to implementation and finally deployment. Many of these solutions are difficult to make stable at scale
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a Information Technology or Computer Science/Engineering related field.
- 15 + years experience in global technology service delivery
- 10+ years of experience in Infrastructure, Operations, Service management and modern user-centric technology infrastructure.
- Prior experience with one AIOPS Platform such as Splunk ITSI, ServiceNow ITOM
- Strong data correlation experience
- Master's (M.S.) degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working in Linux environment
- Experience managing operations and engineering teams globally.
- Experience troubleshooting, triaging, and resolving issues related to CI/CD pipeline failures or slowness on production Enterprise environments
- Knowledge and Understanding of IAAS/PaaS Environments with a focused-on AWS.
- Knowledge and understanding of cloud-native patterns and site reliability engineering concepts.
- Ability to work in an agile and rapid changing environment with high quality deliverables.
- Cost and budget management ($5 to10M)
- Experience with operations start up, transitions and transformation and optimization
- Proven ability to develop and maintain an environment of trust, diversity, and inclusion within teams
- Passion to work within a fast paced, high energy, high tech environment
- Strong team building and talent management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, priorities and/or teams across multiple functions.
- Must be a strategic thinker with strong interpersonal/influential skills
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
Boston, MAWorker Type