- Deliver clear recommendations relating to access strategies, pricing and reimbursement, data/insight collection and value proposition/story through generation of internal and external insights
- Collaborate with PVA account teams and matrix partners to manage and execute payer and channel specific value propositions, strategies and tactical plans to achieve business objectives and goals including patients', market and financial results.
- Drive and participate in business and marketing plans process.
- Create market access training curriculum for PVA and sales teams
- Lead PVA execution for essential functions such as full team in-person meetings, weekly PVA LT meetings, monthly team calls.
- Lead the US Access strategic planning and execution and align with portfolio and product level objectives across all access stakeholders. Drive accountability to performance goals
- Accurately and concisely articulate the payer and channel value proposition of the brand (via multiple mediums) and gain approval through Medical Legal Review (MLR) process
- Spearhead planning process to connect access goals with emerging customer needs
- Ensure consistent field facing customer tools and messages to support engagement on franchise initiatives, including managing integration into overall commercial and product strategy
- Ensure ownership and coordination around payer policies, stakeholder economics, and US market trends that affect Oncology Access
- Work collaboratively with functions including the Field Account Teams to help design value propositions, health economics models, tools and resources for field based on their input. Ensure assigned BU brand plans incorporate the needs of patient, payer and healthcare provider.
- Pricing and Contracting strategy decision support
- Generate and synthisize internal/external access stakeholder insights and ead market research across assigned Business Unit through leadership of access advisory boards and insight generation tools.
- Develop & rain PVA & field organizations on access-related curiculum
- Gain continuous feedback from internal account advisory boards prior, during and after roll out of materials
- Lead the planning, implementation, and rollout for assigned programs and tactics to ensure that they deliver against defined strategies. This includes project management, issue identification and resolution, overseeing progression of pieces through internal review processes (e.g. MLR), training of internal stakeholders, and the development of measurement frameworks and metrics to measure effectiveness
- Support account planning and execution of targeted account strategies in accordance with overall payer brand strategy
- Lead pull-through & push through of payer and channel marketing initiatives to drive access and use
- Effectively manage relevant vendor, agency and consultant relationships to ensure deliverables and work products are aligned with related strategies
- Manage Market Access and Channel Strategy budget for assigned BU vertical, ensuring that resources are utilized effectively, efficiently, and in a compliant manner
- Develop and oversee assigned payer / channel strategies, initiatives and metrics to assess impact of key initiatives of strategies.
- Advise Integrated Brand Team (IBT) on access environment and access strategies & tactics. Active contributor in brand planning process
- Identify, as appropriate, payer/ system-specific opportunities for innovative arrangements based on brand strategies in collaboration with strategic partnerships
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Strong understanding of US payer and channel market dynamics and how managed care organizations make decisions across commercial and public channels.
- Experience and knowledge across multiple market channels including: all payer segments, PBM, IDN, distribution, specialty pharmacy, GPOs
- Experience with Commercial brand planning process.
- Financial acumen including resource allocation, budget management and reporting.
- Strong ananlytical capabilities to ensure robust inputs to decision-making
- Oncology and/or GI experience beneficial
- Strong project management and operations skills
- Strong business acumen and ability to manage multiple priorities, processes, timelines and expectations of multiple stakeholder groups. Ability to lead across cross-functional teams to maximize team productivity and outcomes in support of overall portfolio
- A demonstrated ability to process information and summarize it concisely in writing and/or verbally in a professional manner and in a time sensitive environment is required.
- Demonstrated success in execution of targeted briefings for senior management and business leaders; Well organized, highly motivated, innovative, process driven, results oriented; and outstanding oral and written communications skills.
- Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company
- Embraces and demonstrates a diversity and inclusion mindset and role models these behaviors for the organization
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate cross functional teams, without direct supervisory authority
- Experience in managing projects, including overseeing work plans, budgets
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Excellent judgment to make recommendations on business issues, and act with a view toward what is in the best interest of the company and assigned BU;
- Broad decision making responsibilities:
- Ability to make highly complex recommendations that impact the enterprise.
- Ability to seek diverse input from multiple constituents and stakeholders to drive innovative solutions
- Ability to incorporate feedback and ensure decisions are made swiftly to yield flawless execution
- Accountable for implementing goals and priorities for designated scope
- Ensures effective communications with all internal and external stakeholders leading to highly productive, collaborative and efficient relationships.
- Effectively navigates the changing external and internal environment
- Effectively negotiates and collaborates with business partners and demonstrates the ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
- Ability to build strong partnerships and drive role clarity with other interfacing Takeda functions.
- Team player in collaborating, supporting and implementing department and function initiatives to advance corporate agenda
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and bringing forward innovative solutions
- Ability to take risks implementing innovative solutions, accelerating time to market
- Identifies and communicates opportunities for process and systems innovation and implement change that will enhance the overall effectiveness of the team.
Works within assigned franchise with knowledge of impact acorss BU and enterprise. Works cross functionally with Medical Affairs, Legal, Finance, Analytics, Public Affairs.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field. Advanced degree in business, economics, health policy or relevant area preferred.
- 8 years of experience in healthcare, payer marketing/market access, preferred. Solid understanding of clinical trial designs and drug development process as well as experience with both small molecules and biologics and specialty products
- Demonstrated ability in developing and executing business strategy
- Exceptional strategic thinking, analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to coach commercial and medical leaders on payer/market access issues.
- Robust knowledge and experience across franchise marketing, market access, and sales management in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Ability to conduct situation analysis of external pricing and reimbursement environment and synthesize relevant information to develop strategic plans
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Ways of Working
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
Boston, MAWorker Type