Work Location: Hybrid – Remote assignment will be considered
Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President, Portfolio Strategy and Operations, the Head of the Program Management Office will lead the program manager team, work with functional leaders to set and achieve program goals and shape the Annexon pipeline. You will ensure that the program management office coordinates, tracks and helps advance both program activities as well as activities of internal functional areas (as needed), external collaborators and service providers to achieve program milestones/goals and corporate objectives. You will leverage a strong scientific background, coupled with excellent leadership and project management skills. In this role, you will consistently and effectively communicate with senior members of management, and others, regarding program strategies, resources, timelines, etc. You will be a key resource in proactively integrating multiple functions and activities, as well as proactively identifying and helping to drive decision making and resolution of program related matters and the overall Annexon portfolio as appropriate. This role will be part of the Annexon Leadership team.
- Manage the PMO and provide senior level oversight of all programs
- Oversee and mentor the professional development of PMO members
- Leverage PMO resources to support both programs and functions as needed
- With SVP, PS&O, continually optimize core team structure / function
- Ensure development of product development plans, including realistic timelines, budget, risk assessment and contingency planning (partnered with SVP, PS&O)
- Facilitate development of annual operating plan and mid-year reforecasting (in partnership with finance) including
- Development of near term and long term program objectives
- Identification of key decision milestones
- Link program timelines to functional areas and budgets to ensure optimal utilization of capital and human resources
- Facilitate prioritization of resources / budgets within programs and across programs
- Ensure cross-functional alignment and organizational support for the execution of the operational plan
- Ensure adherence to program timelines and budgets
- Communicate progress of all programs through activities including: Monthly program reviews & Maintaining program dashboards
- Constantly identify key hurdles across programs, with PMs, and paths to addressing these
- With SVP, PS&O, ensure appropriate governance review of program activities, including capturing and communicating key decisions
- The successful candidate should have an advanced degree in life sciences or medicine (PhD or MD) and/or commensurate experience.
- Will have at least 10 years of industry experience in drug development, including experience in early phase non-clinical and clinical drug development, regulatory knowledge and pre-commercial market preparation.
- Will have a proven track record of being a results-oriented leader and will have 5+ yrs. of people management experience
- Advanced project management experience
- Expert planning and tracking skills, able to see big picture, well-organized, focused on results, capable of managing multiple projects, excellent time management with respect to priorities and self-management
- Excellent cross-functional team and relationship building skills
- Understands financial aspects, including knowledge of resource planning (headcount and budget) and management
- Ability to critically and objective interpret and evaluate scientific and competitive, business related information.
- Strong verbal communication. Expert in written communications
- Experience with both small molecule and biologic development preferred
- Start-up company experience, highly desirable
What Annexon offers
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging are important to us. We believe that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential for the strength of our business and the vitality of the communities we serve. We continuously work to build our pipeline of underrepresented candidates for our workforce, enhance, recruit and develop a best-in-class, diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce; ensure that Black, LatinX and other underrepresented candidates have long-term sustainable opportunities to work with Annexon; and hold our vendors to the same standards under which we operate. To learn more about Annexon’s diversity commitment, culture and values, please visit https://annexonbio.com/careers/
- A stimulating and rewarding workplace includes flexible work schedules, remote opportunities and the ability to achieve a work-life balance.
- We are located in Brisbane, CA, with shuttle service from BART, CalTrain and the Ferry.
- Annexon offers a competitive base salary and equity participation, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a comprehensive health benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), flexible spending plans, as well as other benefits.
The anticipated starting salary for is this position is $324,000 to $372,000 per year. The starting salary for this position will be determined based on the candidate’s education, experience, transferable skills, licenses/certifications, location, and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis to determine the final compensation. The starting salary does not include any other potential components of the total compensation package, including bonus, equity, employer provided benefits, and perks.
Annexon Biosciences is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company seeking to bring game-changing medicines to patients with classical complement-mediated diseases of the body, brain and eye. The classical complement cascade is a seminal pathway within the immune system that anchors and drives a host of autoimmune, neurodegenerative and ophthalmic diseases. Annexon is advancing a new class of complement medicines targeting the early classical cascade and all downstream pathway components that contribute to disease, while selectively preserving the beneficial immune functions of other complement pathways. Annexon is rigorously developing a pipeline of diversified product candidates across multiple mid- to late-stage clinical trials, with clinical data anticipated throughout 2023 and beyond.
EEO Employer – Annexon highly values Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
Annexon Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status. We are proud to promote a work environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work.
Annexon Biosciences does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn’t have a signed agreement with Annexon Biosciences. Please do not send agency CVs/resumes through Annexon’s website or Annexon Employees. Inquiries must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Heading: Staffing Agency Request.