Why join Freenome?
Freenome is a high-growth biotech company developing tests to detect cancer using a standard blood draw. To do this, Freenome uses a multiomics platform that combines tumor and non-tumor signals with machine learning to find cancer in its earliest, most-treatable stages.
Cancer is relentless. This is why Freenome is building the clinical, economic, and operational evidence to drive cancer screening and save lives. Our first screening test is for colorectal cancer (CRC) and advanced adenomas, and it’s just the beginning.
Founded in 2014, Freenome has ~500 employees and more than $1.1B in funding from key investors, such as the American Cancer Society, Andreessen Horowitz, Anthem Blue Cross, Bain Capital, Colorectal Cancer Alliance, DCVC, Fidelity, Google Ventures, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis, Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital, Roche, Sands Capital, T. Rowe Price, and Verily.
At Freenome, we aim to impact patients by empowering everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. This, together with our high-performing culture of respect and cross-collaboration, is what motivates us to make every day count.
About this opportunity:
As an Inventory Specialist II you will join a rapidly growing operations group and make an immediate impact on early cancer detection. You will support Freenome's mission to facilitate the material availability across all Clinical and Research and Development labs by maintaining all warehouse, stockroom, and point of use locations. The successful candidate will interface directly with our scientist, Operations and Supply chain, and Finance department to distribute material to the labs in an efficient and timely manner.
The role reports to the Manager, Inventory and Planning Operations.
What you’ll do:
- Receive all inbound materials to support Clinical and R&D Operations
- Ship all outbound materials in accordance with DOT regulations
- Maintain and follow Inventory controls and procedures to ensure compliance with Clinical Lab Procedures and SOX regulations
- Maintain good record keeping of physical/virtual records of all inbound and outbound material
- Perform inventory cycle counts on a regular cadence to ensure inventory accuracy
- Accurately enter data and perform inventory transactions with the ERP system with a high level of detail
- Retrieve and review expiry reports to segregate/quarantine and scrap expired material
- Review inventory requests and prepare kits for R&D studies and Commercial Production
- Ensure material availability in all laboratory, stockroom and warehouse locations
- Assist in support tasks, projects and initiatives to keep inventory locations secured, organized, and supplied
- Comply with all company, environmental, health and safety policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to load and drive a cargo van to distribute materials across the Freenome campus
- Ability to safely operate a forklift
- Min. 1+ years working experience in inventory management and warehouse operations, preferably within a regulated industry
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 50lbs
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods of time
- Proficiency execute transactions within an ERP, NetSuite preferred
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills with a attention to detail
- Capability to manage multiple workflows and competing priorities while exercising good business judgment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Proficient with Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); preferable Google Suites
- Ability and willingness to adapt in a dynamic environment and cross train across different warehouse functions
- Must be able to work outside of the regular business hours to help support the goals of Freenome. Occasional weekend and overtime may be required
Nice to haves:
- ISO 13485/CLIA experience preferred
- DOT Certification (IATA/49-CFR) preferred
- Forklift Certification preferred
Contractors may be hired through a third-party provider and will be considered contingent workers. We invite you to check out our career page @ https://careers.freenome.com/ for additional company information.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.