We’re seeking a Large Language Model Research Scientist to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
As a member of our Machine Learning team, you will benchmark various large language models and create autonomous agents capable of solving drug discovery tasks.
Who will love this job:
- An engineer who can run independent projects end to end and is familiar with langchain, vector databases, pytorch, and data engineering in general
- A self-directed researcher who can wade through technical domains to get to “the real problem”
- An excellent communicator who loves collaborating in a team environment
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with scientists, developers, and drug hunters to deliver new research that meets business and product goals
- Assess the merit of an idea and help the team decide whether to develop it into a full feature
- Use your own judgment and support from teammates to architect and implement proof-of-concept solutions
- Participate in a code reviewing environment that encourages learning and high code quality
- Create quantitative backtests of large language models and agent capabilities
What you should have:
- Basic knowledge of statistical learning and understanding of optimization methods
- Ability to work with multi-dimensional data and solve data munging problems with python
- BS, MS, or PhD, in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, or a related field
We’d prefer to hire someone with...
- Familiarity with source control (GIT, SVN, etc.)
- Understanding of continuous integration
- Experience with building containerized systems with docker and kubernetes
- Knowledge of log processing and data analysis
- An independent interest in science (an undergraduate major or minor is a plus!)
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have regular catered meals in the office, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Office Management team also plans a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been included in Crain's New York Best Places to Work, BuiltIn's NYC Best Place to Work, and Newsweek's list of America's 100 Most Loved Workplaces.
Estimated base salary range: $120,000 - $175,000. Actual compensation package is dependent on a number of factors, including, for example, experience, education, degrees held, market data, and business needs. If you have any questions regarding the compensation for this role, do not hesitate to reach out to a member of our Strategic Growth team.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.