In AbbVie Business Technology Solutions, we are shaping the digital transformation accelerating the future of medicine—and doing it together, asking bold questions and taking on tough challenges through deep, honest collaboration. For anyone who wants to use technology and data to make a difference in people’s lives, contribute to the digital transformation of a leading biopharmaceutical company, and secure sustainable career growth within a diverse, global team: we’re ready for you.
As a part of the Enterprise Product Incubator of Capabilities (EPIC) team, you will design, develop, deploy and manage the middleware, APIs, and software solutions that enable the use and capabilities of Natural Language AI products and services. You will build and review APIs and service designs which connect and integrate the functional capabilities of natural language focused AI models with platforms and interfaces across the enterprise. You will develop, implement, deploy, and enhance Python service products supporting a broad range of solutions based on those designs. You will work as part of the natural language product suite team to engineer scalable solutions for the deployment of AI models and algorithms, with particular focus on natural language processing (NLP) and natural language generation (NLG) applications. You will ultimately be helping demonstrate the potential of enterprise AI products to help accelerate, scale, and amplify the power of our colleagues to drive for better, faster therapies for patients, and to help unlock the information that makes cures possible.
· Deliver clean, well-optimized Python code to support NLP applications
· Work with NLP and AI experts to determine optimal system design
· Deploy solutions in cloud environments
· Develop unit tests
· Automate deployment where possible
· Monitor, debug, and fix APIs once they are deployed
· Explore alternatives to existing solutions; refactor when needed
· Work on POCs and exploratory projects, as well as production applications and APIs
· Rapidly prototype and evaluate NLP pipelines
· Support multiple projects and advocate for optimal solutions
· Learn new skills and approach problems creatively
· Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field and 4 years of experience, alternatively, Master’s Degree or equivalent and 2 years of experience
· Advanced Python skills
· Expertise in data structures and principles of optimal algorithm design
· Experience working with large-scale data ingestion, both SQL (e.g., Hive, Impala) and NoSQL (e.g., Neo4J)
· Some experience with NLP processing pipelines and/or text analysis
· Interest in NLP and desire to learn about state-of-the-art NLP systems
· Broad knowledge of AI/ML is a bonus, but is not required
· Demonstrated ability to work with cloud infrastructure and tools (e.g., AWS, Cloudera)
· Proficiency in a secondary programming language (e.g., Scala, Java) is preferred
· Ability to work with front end developers and understand application requirements
· Ability to multi-task and work within timelines
Why Business Technology Solutions
For anyone who wants to use technology and data to make a difference in people’s lives,
shape the digital transformation of a leading biopharmaceutical company, and secure
sustainable career growth within a diverse, global team: we’re ready for you.
Applicable only to applicants applying to a position in any location with pay disclosure requirements under state or local law:
The compensation range described below is the range of possible base pay compensation that the Company believes in good faith it will pay for this role at the time of this posting based on the job grade for this position. Individual compensation paid within this range will depend on many factors including geographic location, and we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive programs.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole and absolute discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole and absolute discretion, consistent with applicable law.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.