HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge youre working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
MBA Intern Operations and Strategy Leadership Program (Summer 2024)Live
This could be your everyday
Lets do this. Lets change the world. Operations is one of three foundational functions at Amgen with a mission to manufacture and deliver safe and effective medicine to patients around the world. During this program, you will have the opportunity to partner with Amgens organizational leaders and gain exposure and access across eight sites and five different functions: Global Supply Chain, Process Development, Quality, Manufacturing, and Engineering.
- Lead initiatives, strategic analysis, and business case development on projects across the five Operations functions
- Develop a strategy that may result in a meaningful change to the business
- Work cross-functionally to clarify the problem, measure the current state, develop recommendations through qualitative and quantitative analysis, and present their findings with a final readout to executive management
- Focus on making effective, data driven recommendations to the organizations senior leadership
This internship will be approximately 10-13 weeks and includes both project- based and experiential learning. Amgen promotes collaboration with senior leadership through a series of formal and informal events. In conjunction with the project work, interns will have the opportunity for professional development through training sessions, one-on-one mentoring, and various networking events. Interns will also be able to interact with peers at Amgen-sponsored social events and are highly encouraged to network with staff across the organization.Win
Heres what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The passionate and driven individual we seek exemplifies these qualifications:Basic Qualifications
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for a grad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Graduated with a bachelors degree from an accredited college or university
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program for an MBA internship from an accredited college or university and completion of the first year of MBA program (at a minimum) before the internship starts
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university following the potential internship or co-op assignment
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Student must be located in the United States for the duration of the internship
- In the process of completing the first year of a Master in Business Administration, or Masters program with emphasis in Business, Management, Operations, Supply Chain, or Engineering
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Life Science, or Business
- Good business insight, high-level critical thinking, and strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills; standout colleague; strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to conduct research; ability to lead multiple projects consecutively
- Proven ability to bring structure to sophisticated problems, pragmatic prioritization and problem-solving approach, ability to objectively evaluate options/trade-offs, and develop executive management-level recommendations
- Previous industry or project management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and regulatory policies
- Ability to adapt and integrate into teams quickly in a remote working environment
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth in addition to their well-being:
The base pay range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $30.00 - $40.00.
- Build a network of colleagues that will endure and grow throughout your time with us and beyond.
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional youre inspired to be through accepting a culture that values the diversity of thought and experience and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
- Participate in executive and social networking events, as well as community volunteer projects.
for an internship/co-op that defies imagination
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. Join us.
careers.amgen.com Please search for Keyword R-170623
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.