Title: Director IT, Finance Applications
Sumitomo Pharma America (SMPA) is focused on delivering therapeutic and scientific breakthroughs in areas of critical patient need spanning psychiatry & neurology, oncology, urology, women’s health, rare disease, and cell & gene therapies. The company’s diverse portfolio includes several marketed products and a robust pipeline of early- to late-stage assets. Building on Sumitomo Pharma’s 125-year legacy of innovation, SMPA leverages proprietary in-house technology platforms and advanced analytics capabilities to accelerate discovery, development, and help bring novel therapies to patients sooner. SMPA is a Sumitomo Pharma company. [For more information, visit Sumitomo-pharma.com]Job Overview
We are currently seeking a dynamic, highly motivated, and experienced individual for the position of IT Director of Finance Applications. You will play a crucial role in managing and optimizing the Finance Applications ecosystem including Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS), Concur, Basware and integrations with FP&A, HR, and Legal systems. Your primary responsibility will be to oversee the financial applications, systems, and processes, ensuring their efficiency, reliability, and compliance with industry standards. By collaborating with cross-functional teams and stakeholders, you will drive strategic initiatives, provide technical leadership, and contribute to the overall financial success of the organization.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Finance Applications Management
- Oversee the management and administration of Oracle E-Business Suite modules, specifically focused on financial applications and integrations with other financial applications.
- Ensure the stability, availability, and optimal performance of the Oracle EBS platform.
- Develop and implement effective system maintenance, upgrade, and patching strategies.
- Stay updated with Oracle EBS releases, new features, and emerging trends to leverage them for the company's benefit.
Financial Systems Optimization:
- Identify opportunities to enhance financial systems and processes to improve operational efficiency, accuracy, and scalability.
- Collaborate with finance and accounting teams to understand their requirements, translate them into system solutions, and drive the implementation.
- Conduct regular audits and system assessments to ensure data integrity, security, and compliance with regulatory standards.
Strategic Planning and Leadership:
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, including Finance, IT, Supply Chain, and senior management, to develop the IT roadmap aligned with the company's financial goals.
- Define and execute the vision for finance applications, driving digital transformation initiatives and process improvements.
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, and guidance to the finance applications team.
- Manage vendor relationships, contracts, and service level agreements (SLAs) for finance-related applications.
- Lead the implementation and upgrade projects of finance applications, ensuring successful delivery within defined timelines and budgets.
- Define project scope, objectives, and deliverables; allocate resources, monitor progress, and mitigate risks.
- Foster effective communication and collaboration among project teams, stakeholders, and vendors.
User Support and Training:
- Establish support processes and ensure timely resolution of finance application-related issues.
- Provide end-user training and documentation to maximize user adoption and system utilization.
- Act as a point of escalation for complex user support cases and guide the team in resolving them.
Key Core Competencies
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to influence and drive change.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent project management skills, including planning, resource allocation, and risk management.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across departments.
- High degree of organizational awareness, ability to connect the dots to understand all the interdependency and big picture
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field. A Master's degree is preferred.
- Proven experience in managing Oracle E-Business Suite modules, specifically finance applications (AP, AR, GL, FA, etc.).
- Strong understanding of finance and accounting principles and their integration within enterprise applications.
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle EBS architecture, configuration, customization, and integration capabilities.
- Familiarity with industry best practices, regulatory requirements (e.g., SOX), and security standards.
- CPA or Equivalent certification is highly desirable
- Minimum 10 – 15 years (w/o Masters) or 8 – 12 years (with Master’s) of relevant experience in Tech industry with pharmaceutical industry preferred.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The base salary range for this role is 213,611 to 293,714 USD Annual. Base salary is part of our total rewards package which also includes the opportunity for merit-based salary increases, short incentive plan participation, eligibility for our 401(k) plan, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances and leaves provided in line with your work state. Our robust time-off policy includes unlimited paid time off, 11 paid holidays plus additional time off for a shut-down period during the last week of December, 80 hours of paid sick time upon hire and each year thereafter. Total compensation, including base salary to be offered, will depend on elements unique to each candidate, including candidate experience, skills, education and other factors permitted by law.
Confidential Data:All information (written, verbal, electronic, etc.) that an employee encounters is considered confidential.
Compliance :Achieve and maintain Compliance with all applicable regulatory, legal and operational rules and procedures, by ensuring that all plans and activities for and on behalf of Sumitomo Pharma America (SMPA) and affiliates are carried out with the "best" industry practices and the highest ethical standards.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Fast paced environment handling multiple demands. Must be able to exercise appropriate judgment as necessary. Requires a high level of initiative and independence. Excellent written and oral communication skills required. Requires ability to use a personal computer for extended periods of time.
Sumitomo Pharma America (SMPA) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer
Sumitomo Pharma America (SMPA) is committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information about EEO and the Law, please visit the following pages:
Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement