About the Department
For more than 100 years, Novo Nordisk has been tackling the unmet medical needs of people living with serious chronic diseases, such as diabetes & obesity. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
In NC, we operate three pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities that are responsible for fulfilling different steps in our injectable and oral treatment supply chains. Our Emerging Technologies - Oral Finished Products facility in Durham, NC is a 194,000 square foot tableting and packaging facility that supports the production of our innovative oral treatments for patients with type 2 diabetes. OFP maintains a curious and pioneering spirit, harmonious with our growing pipeline of new products and emerging technologies.
What we offer you:
- Leading pay and annual performance bonus for all positions
- All employees enjoy generous paid time off including 14 paid holidays
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance – effective day one
- Guaranteed 8% 401K contribution plus individual company match option
- Family Focused Benefits including 12 weeks paid parental & 6 weeks paid family medical leave
- Free access to Novo Nordisk-marketed pharmaceutical products
- Tuition Assistance – reimbursement up to $10,000 annually
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Employee Referral Awards
At Novo Nordisk, you will find opportunities, resources, and mentorship to help grow and build your career. Are you ready to realize your potential? Join Team Novo Nordisk and help us make what matters.
Responsible for ensuring reliable & consistent operation of identified local manufacturing applications. Improve reliability of process control systems to meet current & projected customer, business & regulatory requirements through the following activities:
- People Focus
- Equipment Focus
- Standards "Gatekeeper"
Senior (Sr) Project Manager – OFP.
- Work primarily with production (shop floor) & corporate as a liaison ensuring application understanding & managing continuous improvement initiatives
- Present initiatives & information accurately & explain industry jargon in a clear manner for customers
- Support the identification of application requirements through relationship building & effective stakeholder management
- Gather information about stakeholders’ needs/process gaps & develop/implement action plans that support the production goals
- Provide input to product feature enhancements & process improvements
- Provide resolutions to system related issues & discrepancies
- Coordinate & oversee software upgrades & releases to applicable systems
- Coach & train colleagues & stakeholders in relevant areas
- Schedule & execute plans in coordination with manufacturing schedules
- Support projects that involve specified application solutions
- Maintain process application standards, specifications & maintenance plans
- Own self development & initiative to understand the site process control systems
- Support audits & inspections as SME for specified process applications
- Utilize the appropriate cLEAN® tools within the main areas of Systematic Problem Solving, process improvement, & project management
- Operate within compliance with a Quality Mindset that focuses on risk management & mitigation
- Implement effective Change Management
- Support Corporate, OFP, local IT & local stakeholder initiatives & projects
- Govern behavior based on the Novo Nordisk Way
- Other accountabilities as assigned
Ability to work in an open office environment with the possibility of frequent distraction. Ability to travel up to 10% of the time. (% can change on a case by case basis based on the role.)
- BA/BS in IT/Engineering/related field or equivalent combination of education & experience
- Minimum of eight (8) years of IT or engineering experience in process-based manufacturing, utility and/or packaging systems
- Knowledgeable in the following applications or technologies: PAS-X, POInT, PLC, SCADA
- Proven expertise, (e.g., project management) in planning/organization & project execution, follow-up & completion
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.