Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as an Associate Medical Director in our Takeda R&D Physician Scientist Accelerator Program in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we develop innovative medicines and we develop people! We are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower all colleagues to realize their professional and personal potential through their life-changing work and interpersonal relationships. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliverBetter Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
At Takeda, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission and high-performing culture.
The Associate Medical Director will be joining the Takeda R&D Physician Scientist Accelerator Program (TPSAP) with the objective of developing enhanced knowledge of the drug development process and practical working experience in an accelerated manner. This will be achieved through a 2-year custom program that combines three elements: (1) customized on-the-job training in different R&D departments (3-5 rotations of 4-6 months duration) tailored to the Fellow’s interest and skills; (2) participation in the Drug Development Curriculum and, (3) leadership development. At the end of the two-year program, pending successful completion employees will be provided with the opportunity to be placed in a pre-selected Therapeutic Area Unit or supporting line.
- Rotations through R&D departments tailored according to your interests and skills:
- 3-5 rotations of 4-6 months duration each
- The Fellow with their departmental supervisor will define a list of tasks and activities that the individual to be achieved for each rotation
- The participant will be working with the Supervisor who is assigned from each department to oversee and guide the work
- Participating in the Drug Development Curriculum
- The Fellow will participate in the Drug Development Curriculum. The course entails participation in weekly/by-weekly seminars, clinical case-study analyses and additional individual work with literature (reading and critical analysis)
- The Fellow will also participate in a curriculum focused on communication/presentation and leadership skills
- Participating in the leadership development initiatives
- The Fellow will participate in a number of leadership development initiatives during the 2-year program. The schedule for these will be agreed upon at the program commencement
- Networking with other Takeda fellows and with Takeda leaders
- Working with the Program Director and Therapeutic Area Supervisor and Rotation Mentors:
- Oversight of the program and Fellows is undertaken by the Program Director, with each Fellow having a Therapeutic Area Supervisor who has primarily responsibility to ensure the progress and development of the Fellow.
- A Therapeutic Area Supervisor is appointed to each participant for the 2-year duration of the program. The Therapeutic Area Supervisor conducts performance reviews, with input from department supervisor, rotation mentors, and HR and SPA representatives. Fellows are expected to establish and maintain a regular working relationship with their Therapeutic Area Supervisor
- Each participant will also be assigned a Mentor. The Mentor is a senior level executive in the industry, either from inside or outside Takeda, who will provide valuable support and guidance. The participant is expected to establish and maintain a regular working relationship with the Mentor
Core Capabilities To Be Developed: At the completion of TPSAP, the Fellow should have achieved core capabilities in the following areas:
- Clinical Trial Synopsis/Protocol Development, Study Execution, & Study Interpretation
- Clinical Trial Medical Monitoring
- Global Program Team (GPT) and Clinical Development team participation, providing therapeutic area scientific expertise for ongoing programs and contributing to areas of potential growth.
- External Interactions: participate in interactions with regulatory authorities/agencies, clinical trial sites and investigators, advocacy groups, attend relevant external meetings, etc.
- Potential For Due Diligence, Business Development and Alliance Projects: identify and evaluate potential business development opportunities, share subject matter expertise, due diligence evaluations, development and negotiation of clinical development plans for potential alliances and or in-licensing opportunities. Assesses scientific, medical, and development feasibility, evaluating strategic fit with overall portfolio, evaluating complete or ongoing clinical trials, assessing regulatory interactions and future development plans.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- MD or internationally recognized equivalent, board certified (or internationally recognized equivalent) in internal medicine or a subspecialty
- Post-graduate clinical patient care experience
- Established record of research accomplishments (PhD or equivalent degree highly preferred, list of publications, grants, research awards etc)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including writing, reviewing and editing scientific documents
- Superior interpersonal skills, diplomacy and positive influencing abilities
- Ability to work and drive decision-making within a multi-disciplinary, multi-regional, matrix teams
- Good fit with Takeda core values and leadership principles
- Right attitude (passionate, insightful, agile, curious, open-minded, “can-do” mindset)
- Superior therapeutic area knowledge and solid understanding of emerging research in designated therapeutic area (if applicable)
- PhD (or internationally recognized equivalent)
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings or R&D sites including overnight trips
This position is currently classified as “hybrid” in accordance with Takeda’s Hybrid and Remote Work policy
Base Salary Range: $185,000.00 to $260,000.00, based on candidate professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Discover more attakedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
Boston, MAWorker Type