Hospital Surgical Rep-
The Hospital Surgical Representative (HSR) is responsible for providing sales and promotion of Allergan Medical plastic surgery products, maintaining customer base, developing new markets, and obtaining new customers.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
· Meet or exceed sales targets on an ongoing basis and has the capability of selling targeted products to targeted accounts.
· Conduct excellent product in-servicing and product evaluations that lead to customer conversions.
· Prospect and develop relationships with prospective customers, converting them to Allergan customers (primary customers include the physician, materials manager and the purchasing administrator).
· Increase account penetration with orders for Allergan Tissue Matrices for new surgical procedures.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor Degree or higher level degree is required
· Minimum of 3 years of Surgical or Specialty Sales experience required
· Surgical Sales Preferred
· Hospital Sales Preferred
· Buy and Bill Preferred
· Prior Experience with General, Plastic and/or Colorectal Surgery areas preferred
· Demonstrated sales experience involving servicing and product evaluations leading to customer conversions. Experience with building prospects and relationships to close leads.
· Display a strong knowledge of product line, capitalize on all product features and benefits, make effective use of selling tools and maintain a high level of expertise in appropriate surgical procedures and operating room conduct.
· Attain and utilize competitor comparison knowledge.
· Ability to identify decision makers and influence decisions
· Ability to manage and prioritize work load, multi-task and manage a diverse mix of issues, responsibilities and challenges
· Excellent communication skills and presentation skills
· Ability to manage budgets, expenses and execute plans
· Strong computer skills
· Ability to function effectively in a high performance team. Exhibits a high degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing environment.
· Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
· Ability to communicate scientific/clinical features and benefits of a product
· Knowledge of medical device manufacturing
· Knowledge of operating room etiquette, sterile fields and sterile techniques
· Ability to observe use of Allergan Medical products in the surgical arena
· Travel required
· Ability to drive a car with a valid driver's license
Applicable only to applicants applying to a position in any location with pay disclosure requirements under state or local law:
The compensation range described below is the range of possible base pay compensation that the Company believes in good faith it will pay for this role at the time of this posting based on the job grade for this position. Individual compensation paid within this range will depend on many factors including geographic location, and we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off. (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees
This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive programs.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole and absolute discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company's sole and absolute discretion, consistent with applicable law.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.