HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this role the Package Engineering group under CPO (Combination Product Operations) in Thousand Oaks, California. This position will apply engineering principles to implement the accurate design, qualification and implementation of Primary and Secondary Packaging components and the associated systems such as documentation, equipment and processes. The position entails interpersonal, project management, technical problem solving and communication (written and verbal) skills, and the opportunity to work in teams and adapt to continuously evolving environment.Responsibilities:
- Support for testing and evaluation leading to recommendation and selection of primary and secondary packaging materials for both large and small molecule products
- Perform distribution testing per ASTM D4169. Complete testing standards using ASTM, ISO, TAPPI, USP and EP.
- Writing of test protocols, perform technical evaluations and testing to support reports used to uphold the use of selected materials and packaging components.
- Writing Technical Specifications and Bill of Materials
- Build, modify, and approve engineering drawings using AutoCad, Solid Works or similar software application.
- Support line trials and packaging validation activities prior to introduction of any new or change in components/processes
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams (i.e. Research, QA/QC, Supply Chain, Maintenance, Manufacturing, Regulatory, etc.) in pre-commercial and commercial activities.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is a individual with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
- Masters degree in Packaging, Mechanical Engineering, or Chemical Engineering OR
- Bachelors degree and 2 years of engineering/scientific experience OR
- Associates degree and 6 years of engineering/scientific experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 8 years of engineering/scientific experience
ThriveWhat you can expect of us
- BS Packaging, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Life Sciences
- 3+ years general packaging/engineering experience is strongly preferred
- Familiar with distribution testing per ASTM D4169. Familiarity with ASTM, ISO, TAPPI, USP and EP testing standards.
- Knowledge of primary and secondary packaging systems and material science is critical to the position.
- Strong organizational, project management, technical problem solving and communication (written and verbal) skills, and the ability to work in teams and adapt to continuously evolving environment.
- Ambitious problem solver with demonstrated skills working in teams or leading project teams
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
This position will be paid on an hourly basis. The annualized base pay range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $41.00/hr to $49.91/hr.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.