About the Department
Imagine transforming the face of biomedical research, helping patients getting healthier with digital therapeutics, and advanced medical devices in a state-of-the-art research facility. That’s what we do at Novo Nordisk Research Center Seattle, Inc. (NNRCSI). Our scientists and engineers apply cutting-edge technologies to early R&D projects with the goal of bringing real change to People with Diabetes and Obesity. Such projects include applying data science when developing advanced medical devices and digital decision support solutions. At NNRCSI, your skills, dedication and ambition will help us change lives for the better. In exchange, we’ll offer you an opportunity to work with extraordinary talent, continuously learn and develop, and drive change to defeat diabetes and other serious chronic conditions.
The team is comprised of collaborative, diverse and passionate people who have a true sense of pride in their work and are committed to helping others grow and develop their careers. You’ll also have a platform to engage with key stakeholders on a global scale throughout the entire pipeline process. And while changing the future of diabetes and obesity treatment is no easy task, we also recognize the importance of an enjoyable workplace, which is why we’ve cultivated a culture of fun, ingenuity and innovation. And our competitive compensation package and support of a healthy work-life balance all add to a best-in-class employee experience. We are changing lives for a living. Are you ready to make a difference?
The Engineer I will make significant contributions to the research of life changing medical devices at Novo Nordisk (NN). They leverage their strong background in engineering to perform their individual tasks as well as energetically engaging in collaborative work. The Engineer I will contribute to insert subject matter expertise. They ensure strong progress on research initiatives under the broad direction of more senior engineers and management.
The Engineer I reports to the head of the relevant engineering team. Internal relationships include fellow engineers, data scientists, anthropologists, software developers, technology scouts & partnership developers, designers, medical doctors, IT professionals, and others across US and Denmark. External relationships include commercial and academic collaboration partners.
- Regularly contribute to generating and maturing relevant ideas, concepts, and products that bring value to patients and the future Novo Nordisk business. This could be within new connected medical devices or digital health software, etc.
- Demonstrate initiative in identifying and addressing unmet patient needs using medical devices
- Contribute to hands-on construction or development of product & research prototypes. Insert examples
- Contribute hands-on to product development by developing product requirements and integrating risk mitigation to ensure safe and effective product
- May translate stakeholder needs and regulatory requirements into product requirements. Insert relevant regulatory standards
- Execute individual tasks independently with broad direction from more senior engineers and/or management
- Prepare and present visual and oral reports and proposals to peers and management
- Properly document novel ideas & support the patenting process with guidance from more senior engineers
- Participate with good energy in collaborative work with other engineers and researchers from other disciplines and teams
0-10% overnight travel required.
Relevant required experience includes: design of automated processes (data management/analysis and/or systems design) Preferred experience includes: familiarity with liquid handling equipment (Tecan, Biomek) and the development of laboratory processes involving live cell culture.Knowledge and/or professional experience is preferred in the pharmaceutical industry, healthcare industry, regulated medical device development, or another regulated fieldDemonstrated ability to work independently and in teamsExcellent written and oral communication skillsDetail oriented with strong documentation skills
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma
- With only a High schoold diploma, minimum of 4 years relevant experience is required.
- Bachelor Degree within subject matter expertise preferred
- Bachelor’s degree with 0- 1+ years’ relevant experience
- Relevant experience includes:
- engineering process development of automated systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of automation engineering concepts (programming, systems/workflow design)
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
The base compensation range for this position is $68,850 to $91,000. This range is part of a family of roles and this role can be leveled up commiserate with experience.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.