At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
We are seeking an ambitious post-doctoral scientist with strong research and communication skills to contribute to high visible research projects. Your work
We are seeking an ambitious post-doctoral scientist with strong research and communication skills to contribute to high visible research projects. Your work will contribute to the development of analytical methods for characterizing antibody-oligonucleotide bioconjugates. The project will be embedded in our Medicines Innovation Hub (MIH), which serves as an innovative scientific unit working across all disease areas to identify and develop quality targets, hits, leads, and drug candidates. The individual will have opportunity to collaborate across several analytical groups. In this role, you will:
- Establish novel analytical methods to characterize antibody-oligonucleotide conjugates to build a new analytic platform.
- Leverage ground breaking mass spectrometry techniques to support the research and development of new modalities.
- Study the mechanism of instability of antibody-oligonucleotide conjugates to provide guidance for various projects.
- Working environment – This role will be embedded in our Medicines Innovation Hub (MIH), which served as innovative scientific unit working across all disease areas to identify and develop quality targets, hits, leads, and drug candidates. The individual will have opportunity to collaborate across several analytical groups.
- Maintain external awareness and learning to benefit the organization
- Present findings at conferences and publish in high quality peer-reviewed journals.
- PhD in life science related field
- Experience with mass spectrometry or analytical chemistry experience.
If you are described with these skills, you could be a great fit for the role:
- The ideal candidate will be a multidisciplinary scientist with proven and established mass spectrometry and analytical chemistry experience on antibody, oligonucleotide, or conjugates.
- Self-directed and highly motivated individual who wants to learn new techniques while continually pursuing research and publication goals.
- Excellent communicator (oral and written) with presentation experience, along with a strong publication record.
- Working experience of bioanalytical methods and antibody conjugation & characterization techniques.
- Proficient in mass spectrometry data analysis and reporting (Waters software, Thermo software for data analysis, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experienced with mass spectrometer from different venders.
- Experienced with separation methods such as LC, SEC, etc.
- Subcellular trafficking research experience desirable but not necessary
About Eli Lilly’s Postdoctoral Scientist Program
- This position is not permanent. It is for a fixed duration of two years with potential to extend to 3 years and for maximum of up to 4 years. You will have opportunities to apply for full time positions after your duration is complete.
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
When it comes to research and development, our goal is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that make life better for people around the world. It’s challenging, expensive and often filled with failure. But even when we fail, we advance medical science and understanding by learning more about diseases, biology and chemistry – ultimately bringing new solutions one step closer to reality.
Over the course of our history, we have shed light on some of the toughest health care problems known to man – diabetes, heart disease, infectious diseases, neuroscience disorders, cancer and more. We could not pursue this without our research and development team.
Postdoctoral scientists help us continue this pursuit. During your experience you will get:
- Top industry research experience
- Mentoring by some of Lilly’s top scientists
- Laboratory and classroom training and education to further your development
- Collaboration and networking across dozens of postdoctoral scientists and other researchers
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.