- Drive and provide direction to HCP/HCO domain data strategy and operations across the organization and partner with Takeda leadership and external partners in building the roadmap for master data management for this domain elevating business value
- Establish, guide, and champion enterprise-wide master data governance for the HCP/HCO domain.
- Promotes authoritative source of truth, data-driven utilization out of integrated systems, and data organized across Takeda
- Accountable for a holistic solution delivery including processes, technology, analytics, people development, and learning as well as continuous improvements of HCP/HCE master data capabilities in Takeda.
- Strategize, conceptualize and operationalize capabilities that can enable new business models to be activated across Takeda based on a best-in-class, trusted, and compliant HCP/HCO domain data baseline
- Define, develop, clearly and effectively communicate, implement, and maintain and, above all, champion Takeda’s HCP/HCO master data strategy.
- Take ownership of the HCP/HCO domain board to work with all relevant stakeholders across the enterprise and drive all governance aspects of it such as change management, maintenance, information model, and implementation roadmaps
- Promotes master data as an asset and adopts a data-driven mindset by nurturing a FAIR data product mindset and data literacy. Promote a data citizenship mindset by empowering people to own their piece of the data
- Collaborate with the Global Data Council to drive the continued development of the Data Governance Framework relating to this domain, critical data elements, and integrated roadmap and adopting the agreed framework
- Influences the organizational setup to improve the effectiveness of managing and supplying business partner domain data, HCP global data model, and functional spec of the MDM initiative.
- Own the domain and drive it with an agile mindset across the enterprise
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Domain expertise or knowledge of Healthcare Providers (HCP) and Organization (HCO) data
- Optimize data capabilities, processes, and skills to ensure services are operated, monitored, supported, and maintained to best practice standards, aligned to enterprise data service requirements and technology/ business strategy.
- Lead and support the latest Data Management best practices, principles, and processes.
- Track records in managing complex supplier and/or customer relationships
- Effectively communicate with varying levels of management i.e. GDT/DDT Executives, GDT/DDT Project Managers, Supplier Representatives, etc.
- Strategic and collaborative partner able to influence and drive accountability across organizational and domain boundaries
- Advocates for needed change across the organization that adds to our success.
- Coordinate, manage, and complete primary tasks and special projects with minimal oversight
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Ability to make complex decisions and support the enterprise strategy
- Coordinate, manage, and complete tasks and special projects with minimal oversight
- Must be able to develop and maintain strong relationships globally
- Ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels supports the Data Governance Committees and facilitates strategic and operational meetings and agendas to drive decision-making.
- Ability to influence in a highly federated governance model as a facilitator.
- Ability to engage cross-functional stakeholders across the broader organization to build common understanding and shared objectives
- Experience in budget management, and team leadership of international cross-functional teams in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to apply advanced principles and concepts necessary to oversee various data governance workgroups
- Explore, and navigate the ever-changing environment of data, digital and technology
- Must possess an understanding of how a global organization operates and be comfortable influencing without authority
- Capable of collaborating with teams both cross-functionally and remotely, across a wide range of time zones and cultures
- Must have significant comfort with ambiguity
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Economics, Information Systems, Statistics, Applied Math, Business Administration, or any other related field (or equivalent and related experience preferred)
- Minimum 7 years of leadership experience with Data Services products.
- Minimum 5 years leading and managing local and remote teams
- Related leadership experience with Cloud Technology, Mobile Solutions, SAP technologies
- Expertise in setting Data Services / Solutions strategies and vision
- Program / Project Management experience.
- Experienced technology expert, strategic change leader and problem-solver.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
Cambridge, MAWorker Type