About the Role
Join us as a Global Category Manager for Global Category Manager Small Molecule Contract Manufacture Outsourcing in our Cambridge, MA office. At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. The role will focus on holistic value creation, blending a need for outstanding business partnering alongside category and supplier management excellence. The role has broad responsibility for ensuring that the category strategy and delivery reflect the broader business requirements of the organization such as Quality and Global Manufacturing & Supply (GMS) for commercial scale up considerations.
How you will contribute
• The Global Category Manager (GCM) plans and leads category initiatives for a clearly defined sub-category or a group of elementary sub-categories with a total spend value of less than USD200m and develops and implements sub-category strategies for these markets facing spend categories as part of the wider Category Strategy. The GCM is accountable for a proportion of the overall category savings target and leads proactive category projects, spanning sourcing projects, demand management and process reengineering, as well as managing sub-category specific supplier performance and innovation activities to support the delivery of the global procurement targets.
• The position is responsible for providing financial and business analysis (e.g. Data mining of Procurement and Financial Systems, output analysis and interpretation), supporting global market intelligence in the category area and acting as the focal point for category subject matter expertise to the global business and procurement community.
• The position will support Global Procurement Leadership in the development of formalized Category Management organization structures and category management methods and collaborates with procurement and business stakeholders on a global basis to ensure these are implemented effectively. In addition, the GCM will ensure appropriate Supplier Relationship Management efforts are implemented; the objective of which is to ensure performance delivery, continuous improvement and access to innovation from supplier arrangements to achieve value contribution targets on a global basis.
• Through the application of rigorous Category Management tools, systems and techniques, the GCM will deliver business value (operational and financial) in line with the agreed functional and business goals. In addition, they will take personal ownership of large and/or complex arrangements and provide subject matter expertise for other supply and commercial arrangements as required.
• Degree level educated
• 5+ years in-depth strategic and operational procurement experience with a solid working knowledge of category management
• 5+ years overall business experience, including working within a regulated industry
• Able to adopt a systematic approach to identify, analyze and bring about improvements to existing processes and optimization of business requirements
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to work on several tasks or projects concurrently and the commercial acumen to understand the business value of work undertaken
• Capable of managing cross functional project teams to generate material value across multiple categories
• Direct experience in managing category management projects and development of sourcing strategies • Proven Financial and Business Acumen (e.g. TCO, TEI, NPV & Cost Modeling)
• Outstanding communication and project management capabilities
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity
• Change management and process improvement skills with direct experience in delivering business process change
• Strategic thinker with solid facilitation ability supported by excellent interpersonal competencies (communication, leadership, influencing)
• Proven capability in negotiation, conflict resolution and stakeholder management
• Ability to manage effectively in a global, fluid, interactive, matrix environment
• Skilled and experienced in project and risk management
• Knowledgeable in offshore operating environments e.g. Captive, Build Operate Transfer, Managed Service, Functional & Full-Service concepts
• Expert proficiency in basic MS Office© software and other business systems (Ariba)
What Takeda can offer you
• Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
• Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
• Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
• Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
• Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
• Family Planning Support
• Flexible Work Paths
• Tuition reimbursement
More about us
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
Boston, MAWorker Type