About the role:
Are you looking for a patient-focused innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientist II Statistical Genetics at our Cambridge, MA or San Diego, CAsite.
Takeda is unwavering in our commitment to patients. With the patient at the center of everything we do, we continue to innovate and drive changes that will better their lives. Today, we are the number one pharmaceutical company in Japan and a global industry leader, with approximately 50,000 employees around the world. We are united by our four priorities (patient, trust, reputation and business) and Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty and Perseverance), and strive towards better health and a brighter future for people worldwide.
At Takeda, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
We are seeking a statistical geneticist with deep knowledge in human population genetics and hands-on experience analyzing large datasets combining genetic data, quantitative biomarker data and longitudinal health records to derive discoveries.
In this critical role, you will lead projects, from design to execution, to derive scientific insights and maximize value from large and diverse biobank datasets accessible through external applications (e.g. UK Biobank) and pre-competitive consortia (e.g Genes and Health).To succeed, you will work closely with your colleagues in the Human Genetics team, colleagues in the disease area units, as well as colleagues in other functions across Takeda’s organization, to define priorities and maximize impact to Takeda’s pipeline. This position offers a tremendous opportunity to contribute to various aspects of drug discovery and development, from target identification, target validation, indication expansion, on- and off-target safety evaluation, and patient stratification.
How you will contribute:
- Lead the design, analysis and interpretation of genetic studies in large disease-agnostic cohorts, and triangulate with public data (e.g. OpenTargets Genetics, OMIM, ClinVar, scientific publications), to inform target identification, target validation, indication expansion, pre-clinical safety, and population stratification in Neurosciences and Gastro-intestinal/inflammatory diseases
- Develop and implement innovative approaches to generate meaningful insights from complex longitudinal datasets.
- Design and execute studies to inform disease progression and disease subtypes
- Work with a community of human geneticists to design and implement a human genetics roadmap and enhance analytic pipelines
- Prepare and present comprehensive technical or project reports to internal and external audiences
- PhD with 3+ years of postdoctoral experience in human genetics research.
- Subject matter expertise in population genetics (GWAS/eQTL/pQTL analyses, fine-mapping and colocalization, WES/WGS sequencing data analyses, rare variants statistical analyses, mendelian randomization, polygenic risk scores).
- Solid experience analyzing large disease-agnostic datasets with genetic data linked to real-world health records
- Strong scientific understanding of molecular biology and genomics, and ability to interpret genetic findings in disease context
- Experience designing and performing time-to-event analyses and deriving longitudinal trajectories
- Solid knowledge of Unix, command lines interfaces, and fluency in common scripting and/or programming language (e.g. R, Python, Perl, Java, C/C++)
- Solid experience with parallel computing and cloud computing.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Independent, highly collaborative with ability to work in cross-functional and diverse team environment
- Experience with phenotype ontologies and AI/machine learning desired.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Location and Salary Information:
- Location: San Diego, CA or Cambridge, MA
- Base Salary Range: $130,200-$186,000 based on candidate professional experience level.
- The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
USA - MA - Cambridge - Kendall Square - 500
USA - CA - San DiegoWorker Type