Title: Senior Data Scientist
Reports To: Senior Vice President, Immuno-Oncology
Location: Redwood City, California
The Senior Data Scientist will work in a highly embedded and highly collaborative model with colleagues across the organization. This person will work closely with translational and biology research scientists in the development of novel therapeutics and biomarkers in the immuno-oncology area. Candidates will be expected to work effectively on highly technical interdisciplinary teams and be driven to pursue creative solutions to challenging problems. The successful applicant will be expected to take the lead in providing Data Scientist expertise to cross functional project teams working on drug discovery and biomarker development. Position title would be commensurate with years of relevant experience.
- A PhD or PhD plus postdoc in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computational Biology, Computer Science or similar field, ideally in the field of cancer/immunology and/or immuno-oncology.
- Expertise working with gene expression data such as microarray and/or RNAseq in human or mouse datasets.
- Proven coding expertise in languages such as R/R-shiny or Python for bioinformatics analyses.
- Strong understanding of oncology and/or immunology concepts and applications.
- Demonstrated ability to present complex results, both verbally and in writing, to bioinformatics and non-bioinformatics audiences of all levels is critical.
- Comfortable working in a matrix environment and handling several concurrent fast paced projects.
- 5 – 10 years of experience working with large scale genomic data (e.g. TCRseq/BCRseq, single cell assays, flow cytometry, ATACseq, CHIPseq) or proteomics/immunohistochemistry data would be a significant plus. Multi-omics biomarker discovery. Experience in pathways analysis tools.
- Experience with drug treatment or perturbation datasets such as siRNA/CRISPR library screens would be preferred.
- Prior experience with neoantigen prediction and ctDNA analysis algorithms would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience with RNAseq and exomeSeq pipelines and prior experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) or high performance computing environment would be preferable.
- Experience with machine learning and deep learning algorithms would be a significant plus.
The Base Salary Range for this position is $135,000 - $170,000. Coherus considers various factors, including professional background and work experience, when determining base pay. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary.
Coherus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of these characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of these characteristics.
Beginning July 19, 2021, Coherus BioSciences requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Coherus BioSciences, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Coherus BioSciences facility or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.