We’re seeking a Human Resources (HR) Operations Manager to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods.
As a member of our HR team, you’ll be responsible for the implementation and continuous improvement of HR processes and policies globally. You’ll also help create a positive and engaging employee experience, drive HR compliance requirements, and elevate our management of the contingent workforce population in a meaningful way.
Who will love this job:
- An HR professional who understands how different functional areas within and outside of HR interact and support each other
- An excellent communicator who can build effective relationships across departments and levels
- A competent organizer who can apply robust prioritization skills and attention to detail in a fast-paced role
- A tech-savvy strategist who loves using their analytical and problem-solving skills to build and implement efficient global processes
- An ethical professional who has the highest standards of integrity and discretion
- A cosmopolitan who thrives working across borders and cultures
What you’ll do:
What you should have:
- Create, manage, and oversee processes to support critical points in the employee lifecycle, including job changes, conversions, transfers, and remote work requests
- Oversee the contingent workforce population and establish robust policies and procedures for governance across the lifecycle
- Work closely with the HR Operations Leader to ensure compliance with international, federal, state, and local requirements, including facilitating required training for employees and establishing reporting mechanisms
- Monitor regulations governing employment practices, such as benefits, affirmative action, wage and hour, and employee health and safety laws
- Coordinate and manage the preparation of all required federal and state reports and company disclosures, including affirmative action, human capital reporting, and the Corporate Sustainability Report
- Identify process gaps and create and maintain policies and procedures in partnership with HR, IT, Finance, Ethics and Compliance, and Legal, among others
- Collaborate with internal groups such as recruitment, immigration and global mobility, benefits, compensation, and onboarding to develop and maintain competitive HR practices and proactively solution non-standard cases as they arise
- Partner with HR and business counterparts in Europe and Asia to build global HR processes to foster a consistent employee experience across locations
- Lead and/or participate in HR programs and initiatives and HR Operations projects, such as the HRIS Payroll project, AlertMedia implementation, annual compensation and performance review, HR data management, and the handbook uplift project
- Four-year degree in HR or related field or equivalent professional experience
- At least three years of experience in HR operations, administration, project management, or an equivalent field
- Excellent grasp of HR data taxonomy
- Working knowledge of US HR compliance rules and regulations (global compliance is a plus)
- Familiarity with HRIS systems, as well as with multiple ‘best in class’ systems that enable and analyze HR functional areas (e.g., applicant tracking and learning management systems, etc.)
- HR vendor management and/or HR business analyst experience is a plus
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have regular catered meals in the office, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Office Management team also plans a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been included in Crain's New York Best Places to Work, BuiltIn's NYC Best Place to Work, and Newsweek's list of America's 100 Most Loved Workplaces.
Estimated base salary range: $90,000 - $150,000. Actual compensation package is dependent on a number of factors, including, for example, experience, education, degrees held, market data, and business needs. If you have any questions regarding the compensation for this role, do not hesitate to reach out to a member of our Strategic Growth team.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.