Who We Are:
We are a clinical stage company powering the next wave of genetic medicine through superior delivery with our next-generation lipid nanoparticle delivery platform. Our mRNA and gene editing therapeutics have the potential to directly replace or address underlying genetic mutations in a vast range of diseases starting with primary ciliary dyskinesia and cystic fibrosis. Our selective organ targeting (SORT) LNP platform is uniquely differentiated to enable the delivery of diverse genetic payloads to tissues beyond the liver.
At ReCode, we bring a unique blend of rigor, creativity, and curiosity to our high-hurdle mission. Our team is uniquely positioned to tackle this challenge, given our extensive experience in lipid nanoparticle delivery, mRNA design and optimization, mRNA manufacturing, gene editing, and rare disease drug development. We are a high performing, highly functional organization with a culture that is caring and strives to enable every member of our team to thrive.
Summary of Position:
ReCode Therapeutics is seeking a highly talented, motivated leader in the screening and development of LNP non-viral delivery vehicles for therapeutic applications of ReCode’s SORT LNP platform. The candidate should have a good understanding of recent advances in high-throughput and pooled non-viral vehicle screening approaches, including DNA/RNA barcoding, and in building automated workflows. The incumbent will manage the function and lead a research group and engage with cross-functional teams to meet goals. The role involves working closely with the scientific and drug development teams at ReCode and the incumbent should have a very good understanding of the barriers to in vivo delivery of genetic medicine cargoes and areas of opportunity to further improve their safety, potency, targeting and manufacturing. The ideal candidate will be a leader and team player, setting the scientiﬁc direction for their team, with excellent communication skills and an effective, inspiring management style.
- Leads efforts and teams focused on screening and characterizing LNPs for delivery of genetic medicines to selected tissue targets.
- Provides technical expertise to identify and develop potent and tissue-selective LNP-based delivery systems.
- Recruits and builds a world-class non-viral delivery team and screening facility.
- Helps deﬁne scientiﬁc and strategic directions and encourage bold technological innovation for advancing research goals.
- Provides support and guidance to advance platforms and therapeutic programs.
- Leads effective management of CRO contracts and/or external scientiﬁc collaborations.
- Maintains the excellence of standards for structure and interpretation of all laboratory records, electronic database entries, internal reports, patents and external communications from the group.
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate data to internal and external audiences.
- Support the development and cultivation of a high-achieving organization.
- PhD in molecular biology, chemistry, biomedical engineering or related disciplines with 8+ years' experience in a pharmaceutical or biotech organization
- Recognized expert and leader in high-content screening workflows and screening automation of in vitro culture systems.
- Expertise in the discovery, development, and implementation of strategies for identifying non-viral (e.g. LNP) delivery solutions for DNA/RNA cargo
- Experience with in vivo barcoded pooled screens for viral/non-viral delivery of DNA/RNA therapies is a plus.
- Strong understanding and experience with primary human in vitro cultures, including 3D cultures and organoids, for use in high-content screens.
- Integrating genomics applications into readouts and workflows.
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in a gene therapy and nucleic-acid drug development environment.
- Evidence of productivity through strong publication record and industry accomplishments
- Well-developed scientiﬁc leadership qualities, and ability to integrate the activities of different functions across multiple projects.
- Aptitude for initiating new research initiatives and directions.
- An empathetic and engaging mentor who builds confidence and enables team commitment.
- A keen understanding and awareness of the challenges of the nucleic acid-based drug development process.
This position requires the following competencies, but is not limited to:
- World-class expertise in biological screening.
- Proven leadership of science and drug development teams
- Managing change
- Influence within the organization
- Communication internally and in world-class forums
- Driving for results
Salary Range: *255-265K
*Please note that for remote positions, salary may be adjusted for cost of living
Benefits Offered for Full-Time Employees:
- No premium cost for employees - 100% subsidized by ReCode for full-time employees
- Company 401k contribution
- 15 days of company paid holidays, including a holiday shutdown (usually the last week of the year)
- Mental health support for employees & their families
- FSA available, including a lifestyle spending account subsidized by company
- Employee discounts at hotspots
ReCode Therapeutics (www.recodetx.com) offers a competitive compensation/benefits package with a friendly, collaborative culture that values employee engagement and ongoing career development.
ReCode Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.