The Field Applications Scientist (FAS) provides technical and troubleshooting support to customers of MaxCyte’s Scalable Flow Electroporation® platform, with primary focus on cell therapy and protein production/expression but will work with customers in multiple application areas. The FAS partners with customers to identify and implement solutions for process improvements throughout the cell engineering workflow, including pre- and post-electroporation. Working closely with potential and current customers, the FAS is responsible for conducting product demonstrations, end-user training and troubleshooting, both during the evaluation phase and post-sale. This position participates in trade shows and contributes to the publication of scientific and marketing documentation related to the use and applications of MaxCyte’s technology. This individual works under general supervision and requires at least 50% travel*. This position primarily covers Asia-Pacific, but occasional travel to the USA and beyond may be required.
- Works closely with the MaxCyte team and distributors to support existing customers and promote MaxCyte technology to new customers.
- Provides technical support for MaxCyte product lines and services by answering customer technical inquiries. Inquiries may be received via telephone, email, and/or web chat.
- Designs experiments and undertakes product demonstrations.
- Analyzes, interprets and reviews customer data to support sales.
- Conducts installations and training at customer sites.
- Troubleshoots the integration of MaxCyte technology into the customer workflow, developing and recommending solutions.
- Works collaboratively across the business with the global FAS team, and with technical, sales and marketing teams to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Presents technical and product information at conferences and during customer field visits.
- Presents technical updates to colleagues and contributes to department meetings.
- Makes recommendations for future process improvements, and implements those actions accordingly. Identifies new applications for MaxCyte technology.
- Accurately records pertinent information from customer interactions and follows up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Performs instrument calibrations and upgrades.
- Identifies, documents and communicates new competitive activities, products or field activities / strategies to the internal scientific and marketing team.
- Performs regular literature reviews and identifies key opinion leaders in MaxCyte’s major application areas.
- Complies with all applicable policies regarding health, safety and environmental policies.
- MS or PhD in bioengineering, molecular biology, biochemistry or related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in gene editing, cellular therapy, immunology or protein production.
- Recent hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture essential.
- Experience in primary cell genome-editing such as CRISPR/Cas9 a distinct advantage.
- Working knowledge of protein production, HTS-scale cell culture, cell-based screening assay formats and process flow would be beneficial.
- Experience in a customer facing role preferred.
- Robust trouble shooting skills.
- Proactive; works under minimal supervision.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and internal teams.
- Good standard of written and spoken English essential.
- Preference will be given to applicants who reside in Japan, Korea or Singapore.
- Ability to travel ~ 50-70% (under normal, non-pandemic situations).
Note: To the extent permissible under applicable law, candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law.