POSITION SUMMARY: We are seeking an enthusiastic and creative scientist to join our Athens, GA team to develop microsphere (bead)-based flow cytometry assays. The ideal candidate will be a high-level contributor, communicator, and problem solver who integrates effectively into the team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned.
• Develops flow cytometric multiplex microsphere (bead)-based assays for glycosylation analysis during protein production
• Participate in development of downstream applications for products
• Develop research plans, design experiments, write and follow SOPs, and provide training and assistance to other company personnel to carry out research as necessary
• Maintains data and protocols in a highly organized manner for future reference
• Provides technical reports, tech transfer documents, and scientific presentations as needed for publication in technical journals, presentation to regulatory or grant-making agencies, or use in further R&D and commercialization activities
• Provides technical expertise in planning, improving, and developing future directions for research and implementing new technology/innovations
• Works cross-functionally with R&D, manufacturing, quality control, and commercial activities
• Presents individual research or the work of the company at professional conferences
• Trains/mentors research associates and assistants on lab techniques and procedures as needed
• Improve, develop, and implement new technology/innovations wherever possible
• Participate in the company’s commercialization activities as needed
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Doctoral degree in biochemistry, cell biology, chemistry, molecular biology, or related field and two (2) years laboratory experience / two (2) years postdoctoral experience OR any equivalent combination of experience/education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: The applicant should have knowledge of multiplex assays, particularly bead-based assays. A background in glycobiology is a plus, in addition to experience with flow cytometry. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong problem-solving ability and attention to detail. Although the candidate must work well in team settings, they must be able to work independently and meet project timelines. Industry experience is highly desired.
LOCATION & TRAVEL: The position is based at the company headquarters in Athens, GA, and will require occasional travel to conferences and business meetings.
Applicants must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
GENERAL INFORMATION: Lectenz Bio is a startup biotech company developing novel products that employ our unique Lectenz® reagents and GlycoSense technology to speed up and simplify the detection and discovery of disease biomarkers. An offer of employment is contingent upon results of a thorough background check. Continuation of this position is dependent on satisfactory performance, as well as the funding and needs of the program.
BENEFITS: A comprehensive benefits package is provided, which includes participation in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, and matching 401(k) plans, as well as paid holidays, vacation time, and sick leave.
TO APPLY: Click "Spply" to submit cover letter, resume, and the name, address, phone number, and email of three professional references. Please specify Job #23-004.