POSITION SUMMARY: We are seeking an enthusiastic and creative scientist to join our Athens, GA team to engineer novel proteins that target carbohydrate-related biomarkers. The ideal candidate will be a high-level contributor, communicator, and problem solver who integrates effectively into the team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned.
• Perform directed evolution to select proteins for desired glycan targets
• Participate in development of downstream applications for products
• Develop research plans, design experiments, write and follow SOPs, and provide training and assistance to other company personnel to carry out research as necessary
• Maintain data and protocols in a highly organized manner for future reference
• Provide technical reports, tech-transfer documents, and scientific presentations as needed for publications in technical journals, presentation to regulatory or grant-making agencies, or use in further R&D and commercialization activities
• Provide technical expertise in planning, improving, and developing future directions for research and implementing new technology/innovations
• Work cross-functionally with R&D, manufacturing, quality control, and commercial activities
• Present individual research or the work of the company at professional conferences
• Train/mentor research associates and assistants on lab techniques and procedures as needed
• Improve, develop, and implement new technology/innovations wherever possible
• Participate in the company’s commercialization activities as needed
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Doctoral degree in biochemistry, cell biology, chemistry, molecular biology, or related field and two (2) years laboratory experience / two (2) years postdoctoral experience OR any equivalent combination of experience/education from which comparable knowledge, skills, abilities have been achieved.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: The applicant should have knowledge of protein engineering, particularly directed evolution, and demonstrated experience in phage, yeast, or other display technologies is desired. A background in glycobiology is a plus. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong problem-solving ability and attention to detail. Although the candidate must work well in team settings, they must be able to work independently and meet project timelines. Prior industry experience is not required, but is preferred.
LOCATION & TRAVEL: The position is based at the company headquarters in Athens, GA, and will require occasional travel to conferences and business meetings.
Applicants must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
GENERAL INFORMATION: Lectenz® Bio is a biotech company developing novel products that employ proprietary Lectenz® reagents and GlycoSense technology to speed up and simplify the detection and discovery of disease biomarkers. An offer of employment is contingent upon results of a thorough background check. Continuation of this position is dependent on satisfactory performance, as well as the funding and needs of the program.
BENEFITS: A comprehensive benefits package is provided, which includes participation in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, and matching 401(k) plans, as well as paid holidays, vacation time, and sick leave.
TO APPLY: Click "Spply" to submit cover letter, resume, and the name, address, phone number, and email of three professional references. Please specify Job #23-003.