Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine?
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
The Cell Engager team of Takeda's Oncology Drug Discovery Unit is seeking a highly motivated in vitro and in vivo lab-based scientist with a background in Immunology and/or pharmacology to join a collaborative and dynamic team and contribute to pre-clinical projects within oncology research. The candidate must have a strong foundation in in vitro assay development and in vivo oncology models and will be responsible for critical path activities with demonstrated skills in immuno-oncology drug discovery. The candidate will play a critical role in supporting key pipeline programs tied to various immune engaging mechanisms. The position will require the individual to be hands-on, and to collaborate and demonstrate effective communication and documentation of results with key stakeholders in the company. Ideal applicant will be team-oriented, possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Independently design and completein vivo experiments with a primary focus on efficacy, PK and MOA studies in a range of models (syngeneic, xenograft)
- Contribute towards new idea generation for pipeline growth and advancement
- Perform standard and complex in vivo procedures, such as dosing, tissue necropsy, and tumor inoculation and measurements
- Design and execute in vitro and ex vivo functional assays to characterize therapeutic candidates as part of the lead selection process, including target tumor antigen expression, T cell immunophenotyping, T cell dependent cytotoxicity and cytokine release assays
- Analyze, interpret, and present data to important partners, and play an active role in the subsequent scientific discussions leading to important decisions and program-ensuring next steps
- Contribute to new ideas and concept generation aligned with Cell Engager strategy and initiate investigation of new experimental approaches to specific problems using scientific theory, data from external partners, and technical literature
- Isolate and phenotype key cell types such as ab T cells, VD1 T cells from primary sources like leukopacks, PBMCs, skin biopsies etc
- Help with external collaborations with CROs and establish new protocols
- Prepare and present comprehensive technical or project reports and formal presentations
- Ability to multi-task effectively and prioritize workload
- Maintain laboratory notebooks and follow laboratory practices in compliance with Takeda policies
- Contributes to IND report and documentation.
- Demonstrates theoretical knowledge of cell engager and bispecific Ab platforms
- Able to clarify requests and provide suggestions and put data into context especially in context of study design and quality of data
- Demonstrates in-depth technical in vivo and in vitro knowledge
- Serves as the in vivo/in vitro lead on projects providing key scientific feedback to advance programs in a matrixed environment.
- Assist with external collaborations with CROs
- Indepently investigates new immunological techniques, that can be applied to team projects
- Independently manages own workload
- Scientifically independent
- Provides information to project teams to influence direction, and align with departmental goals and/or business
- Conducts scientific presentations to internal audiences
- Collaborates with others across sites, and acts as scientific resource for in vitro and in vivo pharmacology
- Participates in and supervises external interactions
- Strives towards expanding scientific knowledge in immunology
- Participates in new target identification and validation
- Receives high level instructions on work; determines methods on new assignments; demonstrates greater independence
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD in Immunology, Cancer Research or Cell Biology, or MS with 6+ years experience or BS with 8+ years experience with previous industry experience strongly preferred
- Strong experimental skills, including mammalian tissue culture, in vivo model development, drug administration by multiple routes (IV, SQ, IP, PO, RO), and blood/tissue collection
- Proficiency with in vivo efficacy rodent models, including mouse syngeneic, xenograft and PDX models is strongly preferred
- Experience with mammalian cell culture, including human primary cells, with best practices in tissue culture is required. Experience with cell engineering and gene editing is preferred
- Hands-on experience and ability to work with minimum supervision with multi-color flow cytometry, ELISA, MSD and other standard cell based and non-cell based biochemical assays is required
- Extensive hands-on experience and knowledge in a wide range of immunological assays using cell lines and primary immune cells to design new approaches for immune engaging mechanisms with a focus on biologics discovery and development is expected
- Experience with Incucyte is expected
- Identifies, plans and executes well defined scientific projects and interprets results of complex experiments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent team player with a can-do attitude with an ability to thrive in a dynamic “biotech- like” environment and work in cross-functional project teams
- Innovative and critical thinking
- Self-motivated, collaborative with excellent time management and organizational skills
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Base Salary Range: 102,200.00 to 146,000.00. Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
Boston, MAWorker Type