SENIOR SALES & MARKETING COORDINATOR
Day One Biopharmaceuticals is an emerging, mission-driven, drug development company intentionally designed to identify, clinically evaluate, and successfully commercialize novel treatments for pediatric oncology patients, and ultimately to expand those benefits to patients of all ages. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.dayonebio.com
The Senior Sales and Marketing Coordinator will serve a critical role in executing projects and initiatives for the Sales and Marketing teams at Day One. This role will primarily serve in an operations capacity for the commercial team, as Day One builds toward the first commercial launch, with the anticipated approval of tovorafenib. Tovorafenib is Day One’s lead asset being studied in pediatric low-grade glioma. This role will contribute to pre-launch preparations for tovorafenib, the launch execution for tovorafenib, as well as for future Day One product launches.
The successful candidate may be remote but is expected to travel to the home office in Brisbane, CA and to other locations in the US depending on business needs. This role requires 20%-40% travel per month and reports into the VP of Sales and Marketing. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Shared values / traits:
· Demonstrates urgency, ingenuity, integrity, compassion and excellence https://www.dayonebio.com/our-culture/
· Is an outstanding listener and great communicator.
· Embraces a self-motivating, results-oriented, can-do attitude.
· Sees obstacles as opportunities and proactively seeks solutions to overcome challenges.
· Develops strong relationships with internal customers and works effectively with outside vendors. Project Management and Execution:
· Collaborates with project manager of the core and extended launch teams to execute team functions: agenda development, meetings/calendars, offsites and logistics.
· Contributes to the planning and execution of the sales and marketing leadership team, working closely with VP of Sales and Marketing to identify agenda topics and organize the meetings.
· Follows up on action items from core and extended launch teams and the Sales and Marketing Leadership Team Hiring and Onboarding:
· Collaborates with Heads of Sales and Sales Operations on the process for hiring the field sales organization across the US. This includes partnering with the East and West Sr Regional Business Directors.
· Leads the logistical and onsite support for onboarding the commercial field teams.
· Coordinates with the commercial training director to execute on pre-launch and post-launch sales training needs.Commercial Meetings:
· Launch Meeting: plays integral role in organizing logistics around the anticipated tovorafenib launch meeting as well future launch meetings for Day One. This includes support with meeting production, logistics, and training, and addresses “on-the-ground” issues that may arise during the meeting.
· Plan of Action Meetings (POA): Supports the execution of 2-3 commercial POA meetings per year, that primarily involve the sales and marketing organization.
· Calendar logistics: organizes and coordinates schedules for cross functional launch team and the commercial team in support of launch execution. This includes support for the extended launch team, core launch team, and onsite support for live launch meetings.
· Vendor partnering and contracting: Effectively contracts and engages with vendors who support the commercial team in cross-functional meetings.
· Medical Conference Support: Supports coordination of commercial presence at conferences and provides on-site support as needed.
· Meeting Communications: Proactive communication with internal stakeholders related to sales and marketing meetings.
· Project Coordination: This role will be responsible for project coordination of meeting agendas and follow up actions. Field Sales Support:
· Works directly with VP of Sales and Sr. Regional Business Directors to assist in all aspects of national and regional sales meetings.
· Supports logistics, materials distribution and sponsorships associated with local conferences where Day One is a sponsor and/or has a presence. Teamwork and collaboration:
· Seeks solutions when engaging with internal and external partners and is not dissuaded by challenges and bumps in the road.
· Is an effective communicator with business partners and is proactive with communicating potential issues and challenges as they arise.
· Effectively prioritizes work and understands how to balance competing requests for time.
· Anticipates team needs and offers proactive solutions.Compliance and professionalism:
· Understands the guardrails that support Day One operating in a compliant manner.
· Represents the Company in a highly professional and ethical manner.
· Is a compliant partner for Day One home office and field teams. Travel Expectations:
· Anticipate that travel will be ~2x/month in support of the ongoing needs of the sales and marketing teams (include approximate % of time 20% - 40%).
· Travel will include live meetings at the Brisbane, CA office along sales and marketing live meetings, medical meetings and conferences, and ad hoc sales team support in other locations. QUALIFICATIONS:
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· 5 - 10 yrs experience in Sales Coordinator and/or senior administrative role.
· 5 - 10 yrs experience working in a healthcare/biotech environment.
· Bay Area, CA location preferred.
· Experience directly supporting commercial teams within pharma/biotech highly desirable.
· Experience working in oncology, rare disease, or pediatric setting preferred.
· Experience with product launch preferred.
· Demonstrated organization, planning, and critical thinking skills that resulted in effective execution of projects.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with internal colleagues.
· Ability to multitask and manage several large efforts at once.
· Ability to handle highly sensitive information with complete confidentiality and professionalism.
· Ability to think beyond the task, to the overall project objectives, and improve processes where possible.
· Ability to engage with internal/external stakeholders to coordinate meetings and logistics.
· Excellent organizational, problem solving and communication skills.
· Superior attention to detail
· Desire and curiosity to understand Day One's business and partners, enabling stronger contributions to the team.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary range for this position is $130,000-$140,000. Day One considers a range of factors when determining base and other compensation. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary.
Please visit https://www.dayonebio.com/benefits
to see our competitive benefits. DISCLAIMER
Day One Biopharmaceuticals is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Employment is conditioned upon full vaccination from the COVID-19 virus, including submission of documented proof thereof, as of the start date. Day One Biopharmaceuticals will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of a disability and/or asincerely held religious belief.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Day One Biopharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to Day One Biopharmaceuticals or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Day One Biopharmaceutical’s internal HR team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of Day One Biopharmaceuticals, and Day One Biopharmaceuticals will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.