At Corcept Therapeutics, we believe the potential impact of cortisol modulation on the future of health has long gone overlooked. That is why for twenty-five years we have pushed the boundaries of what is possible, driven by fiercely independent science, open collaboration and the curiosity to follow the data wherever it leads.
Our company is committed to building a culture that values diverse perspectives and the unique contributions of every employee. Our vibrant community is made up of over 300 people—medical practitioners, scientists, and industry professionals—all with the shared goal of advancing the science of cortisol modulation to treat serious disease.
Our work has uncovered over 1000 proprietary selective cortisol modulators, including our marketed product, Korlym® (mifepristone), the first treatment available for those living with Cushing’s syndrome, a life-threatening condition caused by excess cortisol activity. Today, we have a unique opportunity to revolutionize the treatment of severe endocrine, oncology, metabolism and neurology disorders and aim to deliver better outcomes for the people affected by them.
The Senior Director, Managed Markets/Market Access will report to the VP, Managed Markets & Commercial Operations and will lead customer engagement strategies, manage national/regional Payer and PBM customer relationships, and deliver profitable access, reimbursement, and appropriate policy for Corcept brands. The person will work collaboratively with Sales Leadership and the Head of Medical Affairs. The SD is a player/coach role and will be responsible for helping create key communication strategies for approved therapies and assisting with preapproval information exchange for products with NDA filings. The ultimate goal of this position is to minimize Korlym access barriers and develop strategies for long-term access solutions for our pipeline.
- Develop a market access strategy aligned with Corcept’s commercial goals and ensure a comprehensive tactical plan is deployed to achieve commercial strategic objectives.
- Recruit and build our payer account team to realize strategic objectives in key accounts including quality of access objectives, coverage objectives for current and planned launch therapies.
- Develop sustainable external communication strategies to support and accelerate market access with respect to label extensions and future products.
- Partners with clinical development, medical affairs, and commercial to develop and execute HEOR plan to support our therapeutic’s value proposition.
- Provide organization subject matter expertise within the Market Access areas of responsibility including pharmacy benefit design, Federal and State legislative landscape, Commercial, Medicaid and Medicare.
- Drive innovation through novel and best-in-class approaches
- Ensure rapid and optimal access to all products
- Create and maintain strategic account plans and influence change within assigned accounts.
- Ensures team engagements are compliant and legal.
- Responsible for team development and optimization of organizational structure.
Preferred Skills, Qualifications and Technical Proficiencies:
- Deep insight into customer, policy, benefit, clinical evaluation, and legislation impact to the customer and the market. Ability to navigate deep into the payer/PBM, manage executive engagements, foster customer touch points within Pharmacy, Medical, policy, and reimbursement.
- Consistently applies a business driver and marketplace focus when prioritizing actions with Payers and PBM’s and cross functionally within Corcept
- Formulates a clear strategy and maps aggressive steps that will accelerate the organization toward meeting its strategic goals;
- Moves beyond the traditional ways of doing things; pushes the status quo. Continually assesses the market potential of innovative ideas and solutions and builds strong business cases for the customer and Corcept to support the initiative.
- Provides strategic pricing guidance for all the assets in anticipation of / response to trends in the therapeutic space including new competitors, new data from existing competitors, strategic changes by competitors and changing policy regulations in key markets
- Manage strategic advisors and vendors in support of the operation, including vendor selection, contracts, SOPs, reporting requirements, and budgets.
- Partner with Finance, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing teams in demand forecasting and pharmacy/distributor fulfillment throughout pre-launch and post-launch phases of products to ensure successful implementation of the trade/distribution strategy
- 50% Travel, as required business needs
- Valid Driver’s License and eligibility to drive a company car or pooled vehicle (driving record must meet guidelines base on the company’s Risk Screening for Hiring Drivers and MVR will be reviewed as part of pre-employment screening
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree, MBA preferred;
- 12+ years of work experience related work experience in management roles in the pharmaceutical industry;
- 5+ years Managed Markets experience;
- 5+ years Experience leading a Managed Markets team;
- Experience executing market access strategies for PBM and Payer accounts, and exposure to contract development and negotiations for same preferred.
The pay range that the Company reasonably expects to pay for this position is $242,000 - $285,000; the pay ultimately offered may vary based on legitimate considerations, including job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and education. An annual cash bonus and equity grants may be provided as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other wellness benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Corcept appreciates the commitment and hard work of all our team members as we strive to discover and develop novel treatments for patients with serious unmet medical needs.
Please visit our website at: https://www.corcept.com/
Corcept is an Equal Opportunity Employer