Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 16,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The Associate Director of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) will develop a long-term AI/ML roadmap and drive the development and implementation of innovative artificial intelligence and machine learning solutions. As an Associate Director of AI/ML, you will be responsible for managing the entire AI/ML process, from data acquisition and pre-processing to model training and deployment.
- Work closely with senior executives from various functional areas to gain a deep understanding of their AI goals and aspirations (including Azure OpenAI) and leverage this knowledge to develop AI solutions that align with their needs. Additionally, proactively influence and guide senior executives on best practices and potential solutions for AI implementations that align with the overall strategic vision of the organization.
- Lead and manage the AI/ML Center of Excellence (CoE) to drive the organization's AI/ML strategy forward. This includes overseeing the development and implementation of AI/ML initiatives, establishing governance frameworks and best practices for AI/ML, managing the AI/ML team, and working with senior leadership to align the AI/ML CoE with the overall strategic goals of the organization. Develop and implement AI/ML security and governance policies to ensure that data is collected, managed, and used in a responsible and ethical manner.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to individuals and teams on the effective use of AI/ML technologies, tools, and techniques to drive successful outcomes. This involves sharing best practices, providing coaching and feedback, and supporting the professional development of team members. Additionally, actively foster a culture of continuous learning and development, encouraging the exploration of new approaches and technologies in the AI/ML field.
- Oversee on-going Support for US-based SAS environments. Develop and implement roadmap for Migration to SAS Viya.
- Continuously evaluate new AI/ML research, trends, technologies, tools, and platforms and their applications in the pharmaceutical industry. Optimize and tune data infrastructure and systems for performance, reliability, and scalability.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree Bachelor's Degree in fields such as Computer Science or Information Technology required
- Master's Degree Master's Degree in fields such as Computer Science or Information Technology preferred
- 7 or More Years - IT experience, with at least 4 years in AI/ML development and Management required
- 4 or More Years - Strong knowledge of machine learning algorithms and techniques, with a proven track record of delivering business value required
- 4 or More Years Experience with big data technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark) and cloud-based AI/ML services (Azure preferred) preferred
- 4 or More Years - Deep understanding of SAS and R programming languages, as well as experience in leveraging these tools to analyze complex datasets, build predictive models, and generate insights preferred preferred
- 4 or More Years of experience in a leadership role within IT in a Global Life Sciences organization preferred
Ability to travel up to 5%
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.