Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 16,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
Senior Infrastructure Engineer reduces work effort and delivers business solutions through a dedicated team of engineers. The senior engineer will strive to automate or eliminate repeatable tasks and reduce operating expenses and inefficiencies. Through advanced digital technologies solutions, Sr. Infrastructure engineer promotes company-wide transformation. Infrastructure engineers are professionals whose multidisciplinary assignments, roles and experiences create a blend of synthesized knowledge, competencies and context that create and fuel business value.
- Design, build, integrate, deliver, maintain, and improve infrastructure solutions. This includes automation strategies such as Infrastructure as code, configuration-as-code, policy-as-code, release orchestration and continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, and collaborative ways of working (e.g., DevOps). Participate in change and release management processes, carrying out complex provisioning and configuration tasks manually, where needed
- Follow standard operating procedures, propose improvements, and develop new standard operating procedures to further industrialize our approach. Advocate for simplification and workflow optimization and follow documentation standards.
- Work closely with contracted managed service providers, as a program lead. Ensure SLA’s and projects are being tracked appropriately. Liaison with DS internal stakeholders on project status and manage escalations regarding infrastructure services being consumed.
- Collaborates with business and IT colleagues to drive adoption of existing platforms and services. Works with stakeholders to plan for deployment of new technologies. Senior Engineer will collaborate closely with security, identity, and networking leaders to ensure seamless delivery of infrastructure technologies.
- Ensure that activities are tracked and auditable by leveraging service management systems, logging activity in the relevant systems of record, and following change and release processes.
- Coordinates service management across IO, other groups within IT and business units through entire service life cycle using customization and integrate tools to orchestrate workflows, improve delivery time and efficiencies.
- Proactively shaping of the product/service catalog requires continuous engagement with customers to ensure capability alignment
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 4 or More Years 5-7 years of progressive technical and operational support and system engineering experience required
- 7 or More Years 6-8 years of related experience in IT-infrastructure preferred
Physical Requirements Ability to lift servers up to 50lbs. if there are business needs, flexible availability and willingness to work after normal business hours. Additionally, if there are business needs, during outages and other technical issues, willing to work around the clock to mitigate these issues - sometimes working 20-30 straight hours. 5% of the time
Ability to travel up to 5%
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.