Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
SummaryThe Associate Director is responsible for the development and execution of the Market Access strategy and marketing materials for their assigned brand(s) or indication(s). This includes supporting all Market Access customers, including payers, community practices, hospital systems, pathways and GPOs. They work cross-functionally to support annual brand planning, leading the Market Access budget, and understanding any potential access barriers for their product. Responsibilities include pre-launch strategy and customer engagement through launch and post-launch support.
- Leads the development and implementation of market access marketing and strategy for all Market Access field teams (and Sales Representatives, HEOR teams when appropriate) with assigned customer segments.
- Development of the branded value proposition and any ancillary materials, including training resources to support brand strategy at field meetings (NLM, NOM, launch meetings)
- Partner with Market Access Insights and Analytics to develop and implement market research plan for assigned products
- Identify GPO opportunities to support brand strategy and communicate with GPO team and brand marketing team to align strategy
- Responsible for ensuring close collaboration with Brand teams and co-promote partners (if applicable) to generate success as defined by KPIs in targeted Market Access accounts and monitored via marketing feedback systems by taking a leadership role within Brand Teams and co-promote partners. Ensures that all strategies and tactics as well as marketing mix align with the Brands’ goals and objectives
- Regulatory approvals: Responsible for PMRT (Product Material Review Team)ARC (Advertising Review Committee) and PGC (Promotional Grant Committee) process management related to projects and programs
- Develop pre-approval information exchange (PIE) materials to communicate upcoming indication or product data to population-health decision-makers. This includes identifying profiling questions or other customer insights needed to support launch strategy and leading the process to collect customer feedback and communicate to the brand team.
- Understand, monitor, and evaluate the effect of US healthcare marketplace changes and evolving delivery systems. Develop strategic market access recommendations for in-line and pipeline products in all assigned channels. Seek and provide routine assessments of potential impact of policy changes, health care trends and customer changes, and recommended courses of action to maintain access to assigned brands.
- Contributes to the National Leadership Meeting and National Oncology Meeting process for Market Access field teams across the portfolio for assigned customer segments or brands
- Responsibility includes the creation of all PMRT approved tools and appropriate training resources in order to support optimal execution
- Establishment of account call continuum objectives for the period with market access peers and Account Manager Directors
- Work collaboratively with Market Access Training to ensure appropriate training for external customer interaction
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree required
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 7 or More Years overall related experience, preferably within pharmaceuticals, or commensurate education/experience required
- 1 or More Years Pharmaceutical sales preferred
- 1 or More Years sales training or brand marketing preferred
- 1 or More Years pricing and access experience preferred
- 2 or More years pharmaceutical managed care sales/account management, preferred
- managed markets marketing experience, marketing research, preferred
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.