GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com
***WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE VETERANS TO APPLY***
The equipment engineering technician will support equipment lifecycle activities for all GRAIL in-house operations equipment. These activities may fall within the selection, installation, operation, or decommissioning phases of the equipment lifecycle and may include preventative and corrective maintenance, project work, repairs, calibration, improvements, qualification, etc. They will primarily interact with the laboratory operations team. They are expected to be a self-starter and follow standards and guidelines. GRAIL’s testing volumes are scaling fast and require a dynamic and detail-oriented technician to help deliver our revolutionary test to as many people as possible.
There are multiple positions for this job. This position will be for a 4x10 shift with potential for minor changes in hours as the team expands, there are 4 shifts available (6am-4.30pm or 2pm-12.30am; Wed-Sat or Sun-Wed). Holiday support may be required.You Will;
Your Background Should Include;
- Execute and document all equipment lifecycle related activities (installations, maintenance, calibration, internal qualifications, repairs, etc.) by supporting and maintaining equipment records in our Asset Management System for traceability purposes and to assure compliance with CLIA/CAP, FDA 21 CFR Part 820, and ISO 13485 requirements
- Execute calibrations, maintenances, inventory, inspections, qualifications, and/or repairs as needed
- Flexibility and self-initiative required to support automation.
- Participate and adhere to GRAIL’s policies and guidelines.
- Respond to Engineering Operations ticketing system in a timely manner
- Respond to environmental monitoring system alert notifications for cold storages and laboratory temperature/humidity sensors
- Support installations, service provider visits, investigations, upgrades, assessments, repairs, and projects
- Support process improvements and testing
- Update documents like: procedures, work instructions, guidelines, and testing documents such as installation / operational / verifications, standard operating procedures (SOP)
Physical Demands / Working Environment;
- 2+ years of related experience with an Associates degree or higher degree in a technical field or equivalent military training
- Adaptability in a frequently-changing environment
- Complex computer skills including the ability to administrate a system, work with virtual systems, interpret error and computer codes
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively as part of a cross functional team.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience working in a clinical laboratory regulated environment
- Good communication skills to work as a team player and provide internal customer support
- Good industrial, electrical, and mechanical knowledge
- Good time management skills and organizational skills to support a fast-paced working environment
- Knowledge Safety Training, lock out tag out (LOTO), Hazardous material, and waste handling
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and responsibility.
- Self-starter who can independently drive projects and day-to-day work tasks to completion according to schedule
- Experience with Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), Manufacturing Management Systems (MES), scheduling software, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Experience using Blue Mountain RAM
- Calibration experience
- Regularly required to stand, sit, walk, climb stairs/ladders, kneel, crouch, or wear safety gear.
- Must regularly lift and / or move up to 10 pounds.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Travel up to 10% of the time
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.