The Senior Director, Payor & Specialty Pharmacy Corporate Accounts has responsibility for maintaining open commercial formulary access for inline portfolio products & achieving access for launch brands. The individual must develop relationships with key external customers working through an account team deployed against national & regional accounts. With an expanded effort into an increasingly influential public sector (e.g., Medicaid), knowledge of state-specific dynamics, formulary management activities and the ability to maintain access will also be critical. Solid leadership for the account management direct reports as well as collaboration across Healthcare Systems, marketing, sales, finance, legal and operations will be essential for success. The senior director will work closely with the US Market Access team to develop plans of action and educate key internal stakeholders on appropriate channel strategies aligned with brand business objectives. Cross-functional leadership related to payor RFPs, including effective engagement at pricing committee reviews is an important aspect of the role. The senior direct must ensure that the voice of the CSL customer is represented in all brand or portfolio business opportunities.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide input & customer segment perspective into the development of market access (payor / channel) strategies for all key brands
- Provide input into brand value platform development & ensure that account managers are informed and trained on the delivery of the value proposition / core messaging to CSL accounts
- Maintain a clear understanding of brand business objectives with a focus on channel optimization
- Build & maintain relationships with external CSL customers, including commercial & public sector payors & aligned specialty pharmacies
- Drives profitable access for CSL brands across all relevant payors within approved guidelines
- Monitors the external environment, customers and competitors to identify opportunities for CSL regarding brand differentiation & access enhancement
- Owns account deployment decisions, account strategies, account-level business plan development & CAM direction to drive the CSL business
- Participate in the Contract Review Committee & Pricing Committee, collaborating in the development of recommendations for consideration in conjunction with US Market Access, Finance, Legal & Marketing
- Works with internal & external business partners to ensure account-specific objectives are achieved
- Develops & maintains contacts within the industry to obtain environmental, competitive & product-specific insights
- Builds & maintains customer relationships to create a foundation for new business opportunities
- Maintain a dynamic team with clear development plans & work to enhance cross-discipline assignments to build business competencies for future leaders
- Working closely with the VP, HCS, ensure that a culture of innovation & creativity exists while consistently leading & performing with a high level of integrity
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- B.A. or B.S. Degree required; MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience in the biotech industry, preferably rare & orphan disease medicines
- 5+ years of payor experience including channel account management
- Experience in product pharmaceutical marketing and/or sales
- Prior success in leading, managing & developing teams, including remote personnel
- Demonstrated success in achieving formulary coverage for branded specialty products
- Demonstrated success with account management across channels, including specialty pharmacies, GPOs, integrated health systems & payers
- Knowledge of relevant legal, compliance & regulatory requirements
- Proven ability to provide strategic input into access strategies & implement tactical plans of action inclusive of pricing & contracting strategies aligned with brand business objectives
- Strong leadership, planning, decision-making & problem-solving skills; focus on delivering results
- Proven record of success in working with cross-functional teams; demonstrated ability to successfully educate & influence multiple levels of an organization
- Strong attention to detail combined with a keen ability to recognize issues in the context of higher-level policies & regulations
- Strong interpersonal & peer leadership skills to influence without authority; ability to work cross-functionally in a highly dynamic environment with a high sense of urgency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel up to 20%
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It’s important and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
About CSL Behring
CSL Behring is a global leader in developing and delivering high-quality medicines that treat people with rare and serious diseases. Our treatments offer promise for people in more than 100 countries living with conditions in the immunology, hematology, cardiovascular and metabolic, respiratory, and transplant therapeutic areas. Learn more about CSL Behring.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Behring!