HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.
Scientific Associate DirectorLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be a part of a leading global biotechnology company, with a mission to serve patients around the world. As a science-based, patient-focused organization, we discover and develop innovative therapies to treat serious illnesses. Our medicines have made a dramatic difference in the lives of millions.
We are looking for a motivated and dedicated structural biologist to join as our US structural biology team lead. Major accountabilities associated with this role include:
- To provide leadership and expertise in structural biology and lead the Amgen South San Francisco structural biology team to contribute to drug discovery projects using X-ray crystallography and cryo-EM techniques
- To closely interact with colleagues in Discovery Protein Science, biochemistry and biophysics, computational and medicinal chemistry and other functional groups to solve project specific problems, evaluate outcome and positively impact project goals, directions and progress.
- Identify critical needs in collaboration with broad functional teams within R&D.
- To remain current with structural biology technology development and formulate structural biology strategies and future directions
- Establish and maintain strong productive relationships with external partners and collaborators including academic labs and CROs.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The qualified professional we seek is a driven individual with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Doctorate degree and 4 years of Structural Biology experience
Masters degree and 7 years of Structural Biology experience
Bachelors degree and 9 years of Structural Biology experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Ph.D. in structural biology or related discipline with significant post-doctoral research experience in membrane protein structural biology or large macromolecular complex structural biology
- 5+ years of directly related industry experience
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art structural biology techniques including crystallography and cryo-EM structure determination
- Ability to work independently and effectively within tight timelines and to collaborate and work productively in a multidisciplinary environment
- Skills in managing multiple projects and capability to prioritize
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
The annual base salary range for this opportunity in the U.S. is$164,468-180,705.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.